Corsair Community

iCUE and H80i v2

Azazl

Hi all,

I have just installed the H80i v2 and then installed iCUE.

I have a couple of questions if someone can help me out.

What is the temperature reading called Temp#1? it does not relate to any temperatures I can pick up on Hardware monitor.... certainly not the CPU package one or the ambient mobo temperature

I am only able to set the pump to quiet or extreme and not balanced. I can also not set it against my custom fan curve

Any help would be good here. I'm normally pretty good with this kind of thing but this tool is not that intuitive.

Thanks

Is the Temp #1 in relation to the H80i? I know the motherboard and other devices have this Temp 1-X. If it is the H80i and that is the only one, it most likely is the coolant temp. Someone else might drop in to confirm. If it takes a longer time to heat up during a stress test and and longer to cool down after the test, then it is the fluid.

Is the Temp #1 in relation to the H80i? I know the motherboard and other devices have this Temp 1-X. If it is the H80i and that is the only one, it most likely is the coolant temp. Someone else might drop in to confirm. If it takes a longer time to heat up during a stress test and and longer to cool down after the test, then it is the fluid.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Its the temp#1 that you see on the H80i iCUE GUI.

Thanks

The H115i Pro and H150i Pro have three speeds on the pump. All other coolers have 2 (low/high toggle) or even just 1. The “name terminology” changed between Link and iCUE, but the end result is the same as before. Your new Quiet is the old Balanced. The new Extreme is the old Performance.

The temp 1 thing is a bit confusing. In the H80i Box it should have “H80i Temp” (coolant temperature) and the fan speed plus LED. You can rename most sensors and I think ‘Temp 1’ is the default if you enter something the software can’t accept. I am not running iCUE right now so I can’t see for sure.

Screenshot?

The H115i Pro and H150i Pro have three speeds on the pump. All other coolers have 2 (low/high toggle) or even just 1. The “name terminology” changed between Link and iCUE, but the end result is the same as before. Your new Quiet is the old Balanced. The new Extreme is the old Performance.

Ok thank you for explaining this to me. I can now confidently use the Quiet mode.

Ill get a screen shot of the Temp#1

Yup. It’s H80i Temp. I think this can happen if you accidentally select the field and then exit without inserting a new name. I did it once in the CUE space window and it took a few minutes to figure out where it came from. You should be able to rename it H80i Temp, Coolant Temp, or whatever you like.

I notice you are using CPU temp as the control variable and an appropriate fan curve for that. It does tend to make the fans a bit jumpy without any real benefit, but if it works for you then ok. However, if you have the H80i in the rear exhaust slot, you may want to go to coolant temp or even a moderate fixed speed to help with exhaust. I ran that way with a H80i for a few years. Regardless of actual cpu temp, you want to keep the air moving.

I notice you are using CPU temp as the control variable and an appropriate fan curve for that. It does tend to make the fans a bit jumpy without any real benefit, but if it works for you then ok. However, if you have the H80i in the rear exhaust slot, you may want to go to coolant temp or even a moderate fixed speed to help with exhaust. I ran that way with a H80i for a few years. Regardless of actual cpu temp, you want to keep the air moving.

Thanks for the advice. I have mounted the rad at the front of my case as i like it out the way and have an intake at the bottom and exhaust fan out of the back and top. My CPU is pretty OCed so temps can range from 45 to 75 this time of year and i like to have a gradual increase in fan sped to manage this as much as possible.

Regardless of this i will try your advice and get back to you.

Thanks

OK, not quite as necessary for your set up then. Coolant temp is the default control variable for most reactive coolers of whatever brand and the fans will help remove heat from the water, not the CPU directly. You set your Vcore to 1.60v and it doesn't matter how big your radiator is or how fast you run the fans. The pins to CPU heat is too much to be transferred out -- at least fast enough. The catch is the cold plate transfers heat both ways. So if your coolant is 41C, then the lowest possible CPU temp you can have with zero voltage, C12, etc. is still going to be 41C. Running from coolant temp will give you the smoothest fan control with the least amount of jumping around. This can be really important on Kaby/Coffee Lake. The down side is it does get affected by room/case temp changes and requires some study to figure out your normal range. If you decide to try this, absolutely make a custom curve. The 3 defaults are likely to be a bit more aggressive than most people like. My nutshell advice is the find out what is the fastest (loudest) speed you can stand on the fans, then set that speed a few degrees above your normal peak coolant temp. This way you will only hear it if something is out of bounds. For me, that's about 1500 rpm with 120s and I might set that at 45C. Small changes in fan speed make no difference to end coolant temp. Don't sweat 1200 vs 1300 rpm for performance reasons. If there is a clear sound difference, that is meaningful.

Archived