Corsair Community

Commander pro and H115I/Pro cooler

Alcasczar

I've had Commander Pro and my H115I cooler setup now and working and working well.

My configure is 2 140MM LL fans in the front of my case (Graphite 760t) as in take fans bring in room temp air around 20-25c (pull mode)

Replaced stock Fans on the H115I with LL series 140MM fans (keeping them all the same of course due to RGB fan hub) this is mounted on the top of my case exhausting hot air. (push mode)

1 LL series fan in the back also as exhaust. These fans all connected to CPro.

The H115I comes with a 3 pin fan connector that goes to the CPU_FAN header on the mb to report fan/pump speed if I am not mistaken. if I have my fans all plugged into the commander pro this isn't going to work right?

What I did was disable the monitoring in the bios on CPU_FAN so to avoid the error on bootup and I created fan curves in ICUE based on CPU Package temp and things are working normal.

I am just wondering , Is this the expected solution/Behavior to this scenario ?

Many thanks.

AL_RGB_C760T.png.efb62836db2d3cb93f98843bbe50e5d4.png

The fan connector for the H115i Pro only reports fan speed. It has no control functionality. You gain nothing by plugging it into the CoPro and lose a warning in the event of total pump failure. I would suggest putting it back on the CPU_FAN header and re-enabling the warning.

Fan curves for the cooler should, ideally, be based on the coolant temperature, not CPU temperature. See the cooler FAQ for details (in my sig). For the case fans, use the CoPro's thermistors to control them based on internal case temps. Your exhaust fan will be critical in getting GPU heat out before it gets to your cooler. The only other thing that I'd caution you on is balancing the airflow. With 3 exhaust fans and 2 intake fans, it'll be easy to get into a negative pressure situation. You want to balance intake and exhaust with a preference towards positive pressure. This will help keep the system relatively free of dust.

@Devbiker,

Thank you. Actually I made a slight error in my above description. The 3 pin on the cooler is going into the AIO_PUMP header on my motherboard. I believe this should be going into CPU_FAN (sorry i thought it was , time to fix glasses). Only thing going into CPRO that are fan related are actual 4 pin PWM connections from the LL fans.

Edit: Just trying to clarify this is the H115I Not the Pro or the H150, just the standard H115I, may be upgrading very soon the H115I Pro RGB cause , ya know, RGB man! gotta have it ;D

@Devbiker,

Thank you. Actually I made a slight error in my above description. The 3 pin on the cooler is going into the AIO_PUMP header on my motherboard. I believe this should be going into CPU_FAN (sorry i thought it was , time to fix glasses). Only thing going into CPRO that are fan related are actual 4 pin PWM connections from the LL fans.

Edit: Just trying to clarify this is the H115I Not the Pro or the H150, just the standard H115I, may be upgrading very soon the H115I Pro RGB cause , ya know, RGB man! gotta have it ;D

IIRC correctly, the H115i has a SATA power connection. Can you confirm? If so, then everything I said holds true. If not and it ONLY has the fan connector, then put it on CPU_FAN and set CPU_FAN to full power/100%. You can also count the wires -- if 2 wires to 3 pin, then it's only reporting RPM, not getting power. If 3 wires and 3 pins, it's getting power.

Now ... the fans for the cooler should, ideally, be connected to the cooler and use the coolant temperature. The rest of the fans go to the CoPro.

It's fine to connect the H115i or Pro version to a non-CPU header. As you discovered, you will need to disable the boot error safety if you have nothing on CPU_FAN. While there is no difference in functionality, using it on a non-CPU header does remove the "power on failure" safety that will get your attention immediately if there is a electrical device failure.

Archived