Corsair Community

Incompatibility issue

Stormhound

I'm posting this because I ran head-on into it (and fixed it).

I have a K95 Platinum keyboard that's been working perfectly, love it.

I recently installed an Asus GTX1080 (NVidia) graphics card that had some lighting abilities of its own, and came with software to handle it. Apparently, that software does NOT play well with iCue, which was suddenly unable to recognize that my K95 was connected. The lighting effects stopped working, and all my lovely G-key keybinds stopped as well.

I figured this out in part because I have two login profiles on this computer, one of which is bare-bones and doesn't load a lot of the fancy stuff (like the Asus card's lighting software), and that login DID see the keyboard, so I knew it wasn't the keyboard!

I uninstalled the Asus software, and one reboot later my keyboard was working like a champ. Don't know where the one was stomping on the other, but it's something to keep an eye out for if you decide to get your own new graphics card (in my case, the lighting effects on the card weren't a selling point, so disabling them was no loss at all). Ain't technology grand?

Hey, hey!

I have a 1080 GTX as well, and run iCUE and AuraSync side-by-side. Aura handles the lighting of my graphic card, cpu cooler and supported case lighting.

iCUE handles the lighting of my keyboard, mouse, headphones, headphone stand, memory, led strips and fans.

Never encountered any issues.

Archived