Corsair Community

H100i V2 with rebuild specs

StevePilot

Hi guys

I recently purchased the H100i V2 cooler which I've been pleased with, thinking the rest of my pc would be fine for a few more months. However, I use my PC for Xplane mainly with a bit of PubG thrown in. My old Geforce 780 has now given up the ghost, probably due to Xplanes scenery demands, so now I'm looking to upgrade the rest of my kit. If i have the following will the H100i V2 still fit my system?

MAXIMUS MOTHERBOARD

i7-8700k Processor

Corsair RAM

GeForce 1080Ti

Along with my case the Cooler Master Haf 932

I'll feel horrible if I've only just bought the cooler and now it wont fit any new build. :mad:

Can anyone see any other issues or do they all look compatible to you?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Thankyou, I appreciate your help.

Is there a big difference between the i7-8700k and the one I have at the moment which is the i7-4770k? I fly Xplane which takes a lot from the cpu so the better the cpu the better for me really, but I dont want to be wasting my money of course.

Steve

Skylake and higher processors seem to be a bit more "spiky" in temps than Haswell and earlier so be aware of that. IPC is a goodly bit higher and, of course, that 8700K has 6 cores instead of 4 so if Xplane is multi-threaded, you'll get a big boost. It's quite a worthy upgrade.

Outside of that is the overall platform upgrade as well. Memory is faster and you have NVMe availability, both of which will help overall system performance. NVMe, in particular, will really improve both boot and load times.

Archived