Corsair Community

Abit SG-72 and VS512MB400C3

revahi

I know this is a 400MHz FSB board, I took out Kingston Value RAM KVR400X64C3/256 (2 pcs = 512MB) and replaced with VS1GBKIT400C3 as that's the closest spec except I needed 1GB which is why I changed ram.

No POST just long beeps like no memory installed. I tried swapping between modules using just one and switching DIMM slots but N.B.G.

Can anyone advise why? I doubt it's a faulty DIMM and the spec is closest to what I believe this mobo requires. Obviously I can't check in BIOS config timings or voltage as no post. Maybe spd on Corsair is different to Kingston.

Have you reset the BIOS using the CLRTC jumper on the mainboard?

Yes, the SPD is probably a little different, but these modules should work. I just want to make sure a BIOS setting isn't cutting you off since you get nothing even with only one module!

PLUR

CK

P.S. What happens when you replace it with the old memory?

I've since cleaned dimm slots with extra strong blast of dry air from canned air duster that got the POST but still problem with Windows boot gets to Welcome screen then reboots. I've changed timings from spd to 333 +6 for RAS Active time no diff. Took out one module so down to 512Mb (tried with either one) boots to desktop OK haven't left it running for a day yet so don't know if problem is the 1Gb. Please can anybody help.

Archived