Corsair Community

ABIT NF7-S and What Corsair?

tbrko

I am building a new system with an NF7-S (ver 2.0) and an unlocked Barton 2500+ (that I should be able to overclock to 3200+ @400). I am now hunting for the best memory 2x526 pc3200 (DDR400) for this setup and have heard nothing but good things about Corsair memory. However, I have been reading many posts in this forum and am very concerned about the combatability of Corsair with the NF7-S. So I am soliciting honest opinions concerning NF7-S users with Corsair. Should I avoid Corsair? If so, what other brands are more compatible with the NF7-S? Should I stick with Corsair? If so, what type would you recommend? Should it be registered or unbuffered? I know that it cannot be ECC. High or low latency? Any work arounds? Any help will be greatly appreciated since I really do want to avoid as many problems down the road that I can. Thanks,

Welcome to the forums, tbrko! I built my brother a computer: NF7-S Barton 3000+ 400FSB TwinX1024-3200LL Runs without any problems! You just have to manually set your timings in BIOS since I don't believe I could ever get it to correctly read the SPD timings. This is a motherboard/BIOS issue, not Corsair's fault, btw. If you're looking for 512 total megs, get TwinX512-3200LL And you want, Un-Buffered, NON-ECC memory. Your board doesn't support either of these. PLUR CK

Thanks for all the info, CandyKid. I just couldn't find any information concering whether or not the NF7-S supported EEC or Registered memory. Now I know it supports neither. Also, thanks for the tip on the low latency. tbrko

Archived