Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard Unresponsive

BrianB

Hello,

I am new to the forums as I have recently purchased a Vengeance K70 Keyboard. I received the keyboard yesterday and when I first plugged it in everything was working perfectly fine. I tested all of the keys to make sure they worked etc, but today when I was just working on my computer the keyboard suddenly went black (meaning the backlighting went off), and the computer became unresponsive. I figured it would be a minor problem since these problems occur very often in products, but I've tried literally everything. I have disconnected and reconnected the USB, switched it to a different port, restarted my computer, disabled some windows options and reenabling them, switching my mouse port to the keyboard port to see if the USB port was functional (it was), and I connected the keyboard to a different computer and it worked just fine. Additionally, there is almost no information on the K70 since it is completely brand new, so I have no idea how to "reinstall the driver".

Something I found very odd in attempting to fix the issue is when I go to the Device Manager, I always find "Razer DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard" under the keyboards category, and yes, I am using a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G mouse. I honestly have no idea why this is though, but I'm fairly certain this is a part of the issue. I have tried uninstalling the device, but it doesn't do anything. I will try to figure out the issue and report back when I resolve it. Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Also, I have sent in a ticket request to the Corsair Tech Support, and they don't even have an option for the K70 under parts number.

EDIT: When I plug in my current keyboard and the K70, the K70 (which I presume) goes under "Other Devices" and is called "RazerKeyboard_0016_01_01". This has to be the oddest problem I've ever seen.

EDIT 2: [RESOLVED] See below for details.

EDIT 3: Just kidding. I bumped the cord that connects the keyboard to the computer (BUMPED), and it stopped working again. This is just stupid now.

EDIT 4: Resolved again.

device conflict. You're best off uninstalling any razer device drivers you have. I believe you can delete the HID registry information in safe mode by changing the permissions in regedit, or there may be another way.

You had to do something like this back on windows XP, due to a bug in the USB drivers; sometimes, when plugging in a device that had been plugged in too many times (to that particular port), you woulid get the disconnect sound instantly, and the only fix was to completely remove the registry information from that device.

The fact that your keyboard works fine in another computer shows its a clear device corruption/conflict and is definitely not keyboard related.

You'll probably have to do some registry maintenence somehow.

So use a completely different mouse? Or would I have to still uninstall the device drivers registered with Razer.

I have tried to unplug my mouse, since I figured it had something to do with it, and then connecting my keyboard all by itself, and still nothing happens.

Assuming you are then correct and I do need to reconfigure the registry, wouldn't the issue arise again eventually? Thanks for the suggestion, I'll test it out and report the details.

Download and run CCleaner but before you do, go through the options up and down and check anything and everything you want to be cleared/deleted when ran. If DriverSweeper is still around you may want to download that and run that one. Those two software are excellent. Then plug the k/b back in and see what happens. If it works, create a system restore point after you've rebooted.

Download and run CCleaner but before you do, go through the options up and down and check anything and everything you want to be cleared/deleted when ran. If DriverSweeper is still around you may want to download that and run that one. Those two software are excellent. Then plug the k/b back in and see what happens. If it works, create a system restore point after you've rebooted.

You are a lifesaver. I just did this and my keyboard is working again. How do you create a system restore point?

EDIT: Okay so it was working, but my cord was in the front so I had to disconnect the keyboard and replug it back in the back of my desk, and in doing so, now it doesn't work again. Sigh, I have literally no idea what is going on, or why this is happening.

EDIT AGAIN: Alright this is seriously getting frustrating; the keyboard is working again after I CCleaned it, but I doubt it'll stay working after I restart my computer or do anything to it.

yeah make sure to clean all traces of conflicting drivers, and make sure to also clean out your corsair drivers.

after that plug it into the desired port (the ones in the back i guess) then reinstall your corsair drivers again. then you shouldn't run into any further problems

yeah make sure to clean all traces of conflicting drivers, and make sure to also clean out your corsair drivers.

after that plug it into the desired port (the ones in the back i guess) then reinstall your corsair drivers again. then you shouldn't run into any further problems

The issue was partially conflicting drivers, as far as I'm concerned. The problem with the K70 is that there is no driver to update, or anything to install. My computer couldn't recognize that the keyboard existed or something, so I couldn't reinstall the drivers in the first place.

Bump. Issue became unresolved again, refer to EDIT 3 for details.

I have tried doing CCleaner, and now it doesn't work for me anymore. Sigh, my first Corsair product and this is what happens.

I should really get a Twitter account for all these updates.

EDIT: So the problem with the keyboard from the beginning was with the cord. The cord is extremely thick and braided, so when I went to put the cord behind the desk it got all bendy, which apparently screws up the wiring in the keyboard. Now I have the keyboard running fine after finding a straight path from the keyboard to my computer. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Seriously, this has been the most stressful weekend I've had in a long time.

• Corsair Employee
Do you have a second system to test the keyboard to see if it identifies itself as a K70 when connected? This would tell you if its a specific issue with the keyboard (which we can replace for you if its the case) or if its an issue with the hardware on your system. The K70 uses the default HID drivers in Windows so that is why it doesn't come with it's own drivers. If your HID drivers are corrupted, then you can have issues using the keyboard.

• 2 months later...

I ve got the same problem, with K70 in combination with a steelseries sensei.

Problem: After windows starts (about 10 sec or so) keyboard dies. Restarting doesn t resolve issue and keyboard stays dead

I have a quickfix and a long term fix. Non of them are ones i really like.

quick fix.

Unplug keyboard and mouse. Plugg in keyboard. start windows with only keyboard plugged. Plug in mouse after windows have started.

Long term fix.

Deinstall Steelseries software and drivers and use windows standard drivers for the mouse.

Seems the problem at least for me is the software from steelseries somehow blocking they keyboard/creating a conflict issue. I guess the same might be for the Razor.

Somehow i think the software from steelseries think the keyboard is a mouse.. or well..

Not fun to not be able to have the Steelseries driver for thier mouse thought...

• Corsair Employee

Problem: After windows starts (about 10 sec or so) keyboard dies. Restarting doesn t resolve issue and keyboard stays dead

quick fix.

Unplug keyboard and mouse. Plugg in keyboard. start windows with only keyboard plugged. Plug in mouse after windows have started.

Long term fix.

Deinstall Steelseries software and drivers and use windows standard drivers for the mouse.

Seems the problem at least for me is the software from steelseries somehow blocking they keyboard/creating a conflict issue. I guess the same might be for the Razor.

Somehow i think the software from steelseries think the keyboard is a mouse.. or well..

Not fun to not be able to have the Steelseries driver for thier mouse thought...

Does this happen on any other machine?

• 1 month later...

quick fix.

Long term fix.

Did you find a solution to this?

I just bought a K70 yesterday and seems i am having to same problems with it too :mad: sooooo annoying!!!!

• 7 months later...

Archived