Corsair Community

HS1 static annoying noise,please help

lihay

hello,

I have my usb headset hs1 for about 2 weeks,and i was noticing that it provides a very annoying static noise while listeting to music,movies and games,

a noise that distracts and not letting me fully enjoy movies music etc.

besides that,the sound is very good,but it's not clear,due to the fact that this background static noise is there, and the best describtion of it would be "tssss".

in output devices-> advanced, i chaned it from 16bit 44100 hz to 24bit 96000hz(i got win7 64 bit). there issues i described in 1st paragraph are after the change to 24 bit 96000 hz(before the change the noise was also when not audio file is played).

please help me figure out what do in order to fully enjoy this headset.(because i don't think this "tsss" sound is inevidible)

p.s

maybe it a useful hint,i don't know, but sometimes when i click on folders, there is a click sound and sometimes not at all,and sometime a very tiny sound.

sorry for my english and thanks for help.

well i filled the RMA form and they made contact with me via email,gave me RMA number(RMA#) told me to ship it to somewhere in hong-kong.(got the full adress)

I got some questions please:

1) How should I ship the product? is it under my responsability to send it to hong kong?if so, how will I get my shipping money back?

2) Should I send just the headset?or the driver cd too?

10x alot

Contact your seller and ask if they can replace the headset for you, If not,

1. Yes, It is your responsibility to send it back to Hong Kong. Its recommended to use the original packaging that came with it. When you ship the faulty product back to Corsair, Corsair pays for the shipping of a replacement headset to you. If your replacement is faulty, Contact them again and they'll sort it something out.

2. Probably just the headset, but might as well put in the driver CD as another one.

Archived