Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT 1st generation SSD

Bendarr

Hello, I was told by a nearby tech outlet store called MicroCenter, that a product I owned and had trouble with actually experienced a mass-recall, and that I may still be able to qualify for a possible fix on my

Corsair Force GT SSD CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 120GB

- With less than 75% of the storage in use, one day I experienced a system hang, and then a crash. The SSD had apparently experienced some form of data loss, and many of my windows files (and probably some pictures) had been lost. Luckily I was able to fix it after a few hours of running Hiren's as well as the Windows 7 hard drive failure repair attempts, coupled with restoring windows files. I was able to boot into windows again. I experienced a few days of "not-so-instant" data transfer, and I just worry that it may just fail again.

In terms of my order, I received it on 11-28-2012 so today (my birthday haha) marks an exact 3 years. If it would be pointless to send it in as I managed to get it running again, let me know, as I should probably just upgrade regardless... But if you think it would be wise, and if still possible to get a post-recall fix on my SSD, please let me know! I would have to back up some of my data and reinstall Windows but if I can get a more reliable SSD that will not be prone to death out of a recall warranty, I'll spend the 'new SSD' money on christmas for someone else.

Archived