The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 09:53 PM

POST ID # = 775557
snuffered Reputation: 10
Default Enable demo Mode while off

I guess I am one of the few that likes to have the rainbow "demo mode" on while my computer is turned off. I searched for an answer to this but couldnt find anything. I just bought the keyboard today and when I initially plugged it into my computer before turning it on and with no software installed, the demo mode started a couple of seconds later.

Now after I have a profile installed and CUE installed, it no longer works while it is turned off. Does anyone know of a way to have it back on? Or to at least have my profile stay on after shutting down? I've seen suggestions with messing with BIOS options, but I didn't touch any before or after the keyboard install.

My mobo is an asus z87 plus is that helps.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 775787
Corsair James Reputation: 69

The demo mode will come on if you are supplying USB power to the keyboard even when the system is off. Some motherboards will allow you to do so (even though its not USB spec) as a type of phone charging mode.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 AM

POST ID # = 775930

Oddly enough it worked before I installed the CUE software, now that it is installed, it no longer does it. This is on windows 8.1, no changes in BIOS and I even unchecked the "allow the computer to turn this off to save power" options on all the USBs on my mobo. It's plugged into a USB 3.0 slot.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776379

I'm not aware of any changes to the USB parameters which may impact this. Disable ErP in the BIOS though to see if it makes a difference.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:16 PM

POST ID # = 776387
Jer Reputation: 10

I don't care about when the computer is powered off... but I wish there was a way for animated lighting to happen while the computer is on the lock screen.

As soon as I lock my computer the "default" profile triggers, but no lighting effects happen.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:31 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I don't care about when the computer is powered off... but I wish there was a way for animated lighting to happen while the computer is on the lock screen.

As soon as I lock my computer the "default" profile triggers, but no lighting effects happen.
When the system is locked, it blocks the application from running sadly. The only way to bypass this is if the keyboard has onboard memory and computing power to do the pattern without communication from the SW.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:38 PM

POST ID # = 776390
Jer Reputation: 10

So then I just have to...make the software run as a service... :) I'll have to give it a shot.

I love the idea of my office being completely dark at night...but every 10 seconds a wave of color flies across the keyboard.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:33 AM

POST ID # = 778060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I'm not aware of any changes to the USB parameters which may impact this. Disable ErP in the BIOS though to see if it makes a difference.
ErP is disabled at the moment. I have looked at a lot of the guides to disable the lighting while it is off, and did the opposite. Are there any documents I can show you to help maybe figure this out?

Old 05-08-2015, 02:29 PM
whining turtle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778121
whining turtle Reputation: 10

Captain? What's demo mode, what does it look like and how do I enable it? This keyboard doesn't work in my BIOS for whatever reason though

Old 05-08-2015, 07:04 PM

POST ID # = 778163

Quote:
When the system is locked, it blocks the application from running sadly. The only way to bypass this is if the keyboard has onboard memory and computing power to do the pattern without communication from the SW.

So it looks like it was the profile that I had saved to the device memory that was making it completely blank while my computer was off. I bought another k70 with brown switches instead and plugged it in while the computer was off and demo mode came on.

After I turned the computer on, it synced up with CUE and took the profile i was using on my red switch k70. When I turned it back off (without saving a profile to the brown k70 memory), it did the standard red/white solid colors and stayed on that permanently, so it has to do with what is saved to the devices memory, I guess.

The next question is how to make the rainbow wave show instead of the red/white

Last edited by snuffered; 05-08-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:06 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 778173

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffered View Post
So it looks like it was the profile that I had saved to the device memory that was making it completely blank while my computer was off. I bought another k70 with brown switches instead and plugged it in while the computer was off and demo mode came on.

After I turned the computer on, it synced up with CUE and took the profile i was using on my red switch k70. When I turned it back off (without saving a profile to the brown k70 memory), it did the standard red/white solid colors and stayed on that permanently, so it has to do with what is saved to the devices memory, I guess.

The next question is how to make the rainbow wave show instead of the red/white
Demo mode isn't stored on the onboard memory that works with CUE. It's saved to the actual hardware on the keyboard that isn't modifiable by the end user.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:48 PM

POST ID # = 778286

Quote:
Demo mode isn't stored on the onboard memory that works with CUE. It's saved to the actual hardware on the keyboard that isn't modifiable by the end user.
Okay, so it just defaults to it when the computer is off? Any way to change it to the rainbow demo mode rather than the red/white?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:06 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 778848

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffered View Post
Okay, so it just defaults to it when the computer is off? Any way to change it to the rainbow demo mode rather than the red/white?
The red/white is whats saved to the onboard memory so you can change the background color. For rainbow waves, there has to be only power going through USB port and no enumeration.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 PM
desolator4u's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954428
desolator4u Reputation: 10

Quote:
The red/white is whats saved to the onboard memory so you can change the background color. For rainbow waves, there has to be only power going through USB port and no enumeration.
Well I had to do that hold Esc while plugging in my K70 LUX because of problems I have with the keyboard, but now the default static rainbow is gone. I have full red with white on WASD and arrow keys. How do I re-enable that demo mode?

Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM
desolator4u's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954937
desolator4u Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by desolator4u View Post
Well I had to do that hold Esc while plugging in my K70 LUX because of problems I have with the keyboard, but now the default static rainbow is gone. I have full red with white on WASD and arrow keys. How do I re-enable that demo mode?
So... Anyone???