Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum not detected

spicemaster

Hi guys,

I have a few questions.. i just finished a build.

Have the 115 platinum with the ML RGB fans. Asus strix Z390-E mobo.

So, first thing i thought was weird... is Corsair Link doesnt detect my AIO. I have the usb into pump head, going into an available usb 2.0 header on the bottom of my board. My next issue is the fan LED's wont light up, could this be the issue as they are not detected?

Fans appear to work fine plugged into 4 pin leads from pump, they spin and are controllable along with pump head in iCue. Pump head LED itself works fine and i havent had any other issues, it does "work" i guess, but i was quite upset that the LED's for the ML's arent turning on.

The very first test boot i had the LED's come on once for my 2 ML's, but every boot since then, nothing! Any advice or tips someone can give? If i dont care about Link detection and my fan RGB illumination, i could still use the pump just fine as is with iCue control?

so noone has any possible advice or input? Does Corsair link just need an update? shouldve known better than to buy a new product without much feedback or support yet... i could have just bought a Pro AIO and bought the lighting module for less hassle.(i guess i can still buy a lighting module and hook it up to bypass the AIO control) Only reason i bought the Plat was for the integrated lighting controls to save wires/cost. Some threads advise to check your device manager. I see Corsair devices and nothing flagged. I also tried USBDeview and it shows H115i Platinum with a green light as a Human Interface Device. Everything says connected and supposedly working. Vendor ID 1b1c and Product ID 0c17

In order to make the ML RGB Fans to light up you need the Led Hub and the Lighting Node Pro. Once you go to iCUE you can add your fans and choose the lighting you desire. The ML RGB Fans have two cables. The typical 4 PWM which you correctly connected on your Y splitter coming out of the PUMP and the LED cable which needs to be connected on the Led Hub.

You can find a very well detailed guide on setting up all the above mentioned stuff in this section.

Check this out:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

then what is the point of buying the platinum? Why does the pump head have a header for RGB cables and is marketed as providing that function internally? The iCue software already shows my fans as active and i can choose lighting options for both of them along with the pump head, they just dont illuminate at all. Now i could say that the fans are just defective and the LED's are burnt out i guess. But on first test boot as described, they both lit up. Just that once.... so weird.

hmm... well at least that gives me some closure on the problem... My brother has a lighting node pro that he actually bought and ended up not using from his build 2 months ago, he also has a spare RGB hub from a box of SP fans that he used. So if i put my ML's into the RGB hub, and plug into the node pro, i can bypass the pump control in iCue, correct? I really should RMA this AIO... but everything else works and if its just the lighting controller that isnt working... i could live with it.

I'd RMA it ... probably your reseller would be quicker. If the lighting controller is out, that may be an indication that others things may go wrong too. Or it may not ... but why risk it? That said, it's totally up to you. And yes, that spare RGB hub and NoPro would do it.

Archived