Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO Standby

LeSnakk

When I turn my PC into sleep, Standby, everything turns off expect for my RAM. On the one hand it's cool but on the other I am not sure whether a 24/7 lighting is good for the LEDs.

So how can I turn it off or is it a known issue?

It's actually by design and there has been some feedback on this so Corsair may be providing an option to change the behavior in the future.

Essentially, in sleep or standby, the RAM is still being powered from the +5V Standby Power rail. When the system sleeps, iCue doesn't reset the lighting on the RAM so it stays with the last setting. There's no harm to it.

If you have a motherboard with RGB lighting, it'll do the same thing ... the motherboard lighting will stay on.

When I turn my PC into sleep, Standby, everything turns off expect for my RAM. On the one hand it's cool but on the other I am not sure whether a 24/7 lighting is good for the LEDs.

So how can I turn it off or is it a known issue?

Interesting, voltage is still being supplied to the RAM so the system can wake up where it was from standby. If there was no power, then the data on the RAM would be lost.

Personally I don't use sleep mode and tend to use my system and power it off and at work I never shut it off as I need it on for RDP.

There might be a work around by creating a blackout RGB profile that is triggered on some process that is started.

I am not a batch scripter and I don't have the RGB Pro RAM to test, could you give this a shot and see if it works:

@echo off

REM 1) Create file called night.bat and insert this information in it

REM 2) Create a black out profile in iCUE that has all the lights off, then link it to the location of this file

REM 3) When you want to enter sleep mode, double clickon this night.bat file

REM Adding sleep to make sure the script is running when in hibernate so iCue can switch to the blackout profile.

sleep 2

powercfg -hibernate off

rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

sleep 2

• 4 months later...

Just got some Vengence Pro, your script does not work, sorry

EDIT: I have an old copy of Quake so added that command instead of your batch file and when Quake loaded the light went out which is what iQue profile 2 is meant to do. I also tried it with Winword and woked

EDIT 2: However as soon as I take to focus away from the pro the light come back on

EDIT 3: Thinking about your idea, it would not work as the prog is closed when the system goes to sleep

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can set hardware lighting AND software control for the RAM.

In order to turn off the RAM's lighting in sleep, just set the HW lighting to nothing or a solid black, then enable SW control.

As soon as iCUE closes, the RAM will use the HW Profile and the RAM won't light up.

Any chance of some screen shots to show what to do please.

EDIT: Hang on just tired and it worked, however I think its because I removed the "Link program to profile"

So I now have two profiles. DFefault which is the colour profile and Profile 2 which is the black profile and then made sure "Enable Full Software Control" was checked

Any chance of some screen shots to show what to do please.

EDIT: Hang on just tired and it worked, however I think its because I removed the "Link program to profile"

So I now have two profiles. DFefault which is the colour profile and Profile 2 which is the black profile and then made sure "Enable Full Software Control" was checked

Make sure that option "Enable Full Software Control" unchecked. Delete all lighting effects from existing profiles to turn lighting off. After this check "Enable Full Software Control" and setup any needed color effects again. Now it will work only when iCUE is running and turns off when PC goest to sleep mode.

But keep in mind that current version of iCUE have unresolved issue that gets high CPU load when "Enable Full Software Control" option activated.

Archived