Corsair Community

I want drivers, not ads

saturnotaku

As evidenced by the attached screenshot, I've already paid Corsair plenty of money for the peripherals I own (not to mention the fact that I also have a MM300 mouse pad). I don't need to see any advertisements in my freaking driver software. Please remove this from the final iCue release or at the very least, make it far less prominent. Thank you.

iCueAd.thumb.jpg.eea0b73924977f49ad9661759a1344b5.jpg

As evidenced by the attached screenshot, I've already paid Corsair plenty of money for the peripherals I own (not to mention the fact that I also have a MM300 mouse pad). I don't need to see any advertisements in my freaking driver software. Please remove this from the final iCue release or at the very least, make it far less prominent. Thank you.

I agree with you, this is embarassing for Corsair

You've obviously no experience of running a business.

Doesn't really factor in either way. you don't need to run a business to hate seeing Ads

I've seen nobody putting ads on sold products. Yeah, maybe it's me, right.

Never again Corsair.

TBH it's not meant to be an ad for you to buy Far Cry 5. Doesn't even link to the game, it's more there to sell you more iCUE stuff IMO. Either way, I get that most users do not like any sort of advertisement.

• Corsair Employee

We're aware that some users would rather not see the banner.

The Far Cry 5 banner is merely to promote our partnership with Ubisoft. This banner will likely be swapped out to promote future partnered titles.

Edit: The banner highlights our partnership with Ubisoft specifically for the iCUE integration in Far Cry 5.

Similar banners and other assets can be found on gaming-related software all the time. If you ever dive into AMD Crimson or NVIDIA GFE, you'll likely see partnered titles promoted.

Edit: These partnered titles feature tight integration or optimizations for a specific game technology, (ex: NVIDIA GameWorks, NVIDIA Ansel, AMD Radeon Chill, etc.). The idea is that only titles that have meaningful iCUE integration will ever be present on the banner. Far Cry 5 is the first of these titles.

I've suggested that there be a way to disable the banner, however it isn't exactly a high priority at this time.

Edit: We're focusing on optimizing the software for best performance and stability, UI changes can and will happen throughout the life of iCUE.

Update: The iCUE banner will be changed in a future version of the software and will point to our tutorial video series for the next few releases. The banner will still be used to highlight titles that feature iCUE integration as they come up in the future. I've discussed giving users the ability to hide the banner and it's something the dev team has noted as a possibility for a future release.

Archived