Corsair Community

need help understanding commander mini

sebastian869

if i buy the mini and i get the corsair HXi Series HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply — since its only 180mm deep On the cases default configuration u can install PSU up to 10.6" (270mm) deep, if u install a bottom 120mm fan, this clearance is reduced to 7.1" (180mm) where as if u install a bottom 140 mm fan u can only fit a PSU up to 6.7" (170mm) deep

So with the HXi1000 i can use the commander as the case i plan to get is the corsair midi r2.

MY main question is what type of fan can i use with the corsair commander, is it like 5-and 7(i think) then 12 what the built in controller uses but it only comes with 3 fans. Id lik to get one more in the front and one in the bottom and better all around corsair memory and fans and PSU and commander.

Thanks

The Commander Mini has 6 total fan ports that will provide voltage control (5 -12 volts) to 3 pin fans and PWM signal to 4 pin fans. The ports will auto detect what type of fan is connected and provide either voltage or PWM control for that port. There is a power limit of 1 amp per fan header or 4 amps total across all 6 fan headers.

If the case you are buying only comes with 3 fans you can get two more fans of your liking and connect those to the Commander Mini as well.

The HXi series can be plugged directly into a USB header or the Commander Mini if you get one. There is a Corsair Link Digital cable and USB cable provided with the HXi units. The port below the USB connector on the PSU uses the second cable and goes to one of the four ports on the Commander Mini.

Archived