Corsair Community

Wire routing question about H110i GT

finix429

Hi,

I want to use my Asus AI Suite 3 to control my radiator fans and I've plugged my two radiator fans to my mb's CPU-FAN and CPU-OPT.

Now the H110i GT only connects to psu and there is an usb line that seems link the pump to the 7 pin (or 8 pin if i'm wrong) usb port at my mb.

My question is "will my pump work well in this setting, e.g. increase the rpm when cpu temp raises"?

I have seen it's working under corsair link but I remove the software now, as I only want to use one software (Asus AI Suites 3 to control my fans).

Wonder if this could have any impact on the pump's performance.

Yes, the pump will run without LINK. It's power is supplied through the SATA cable. DO NOT remove that. I suspect it will maintain it's last speed setting before you removed Link. To that end, it may be more helpful to set Link not to run on start-up and leave it installed. That would preserve your ability to launch the program to change LED setting, check on the water temperature (H110 GT Temp), or troubleshoot a cooling issue. Then fully exit the program when finished. You should also leave the USB cable if you follow this path.

With the fans on CPU & OPT, you can set your own fan curve through AI Suite. The BIOS setting will apply until Windows loads. However, be aware this will make your fans run more than necessary and if you are running Windows 10, your fan delay controls may not work in AI Suite. The fans will ramp up and down with each CPU loading/unloading.

Yeah, tried to use AiSuite 3, but the system became all sluggish after a couple of minutes, and all came back fine after uninstalling AiSuite.

I've read about a memory leak on ver. 2, but I suppose there's one also in ver. 3, as Process Hacker told me that the CPU was at 100% usage because of AiSuite. Decided not to use it.

Yes, the pump will run without LINK. It's power is supplied through the SATA cable. DO NOT remove that. I suspect it will maintain it's last speed setting before you removed Link. To that end, it may be more helpful to set Link not to run on start-up and leave it installed. That would preserve your ability to launch the program to change LED setting, check on the water temperature (H110 GT Temp), or troubleshoot a cooling issue. Then fully exit the program when finished. You should also leave the USB cable if you follow this path.

With the fans on CPU & OPT, you can set your own fan curve through AI Suite. The BIOS setting will apply until Windows loads. However, be aware this will make your fans run more than necessary and if you are running Windows 10, your fan delay controls may not work in AI Suite. The fans will ramp up and down with each CPU loading/unloading.

Yeah, tried to use AiSuite 3, but the system became all sluggish after a couple of minutes, and all came back fine after uninstalling AiSuite.

I've read about a memory leak on ver. 2, but I suppose there's one also in ver. 3, as Process Hacker told me that the CPU was at 100% usage because of AiSuite. Decided not to use it.

thank you, guys. so, i'll keeo corsair link as a back up. it seems i should tune my fan in bios. i have a windows 10, but i dont see the ai suite perform weirdly or cause any sluggish on my pc.

I use Fan Xpert (Link wouldn't install until the latest version, now it installs but doesn't recognise my H110i GT) my pump is connected to the pump connector and the fans to fan and opt. I have it set on Extra quiet (I think that's what it's called), the case fans don't run below 40 degrees and the rad fans run below 900 rpm. I've adjusted the fan spin up delay and my cpu temps stay between mid 20's and low 50's depending on use and room temp.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

A few days ago, one of my hard drives disappeared from Windows and wouldn't reappear. When I removed it from the drive caddy t was almost too hot to hold, so I've now altered my fan settings so that they run at about 500 to 600 rpm all the time, it's barely any louder than before and my HDD's love me.

Archived