Corsair Community

Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB (2 x 512MB

poo417

Hi All

I have the followign mb

Abit AN8 with a 3500+ 64

and Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB (2 x 512) ram.

I have looked around teh forums but am still unable to see what settings my ram should be at. What I have in my bios does not seem to be the same as some of teh other people posting. The bios has the following.

CAS latency 3

row cycle time 11

row refresh cycle time 14

ras to cas delay 3

ras to ras delay 2

min ras active time 8

ras precharge time 6

write recovery time 2

write to read delay 2

read to write delay 4

What should these be set at and what do they mean. Aprt from the cas i have noidea what the others are. DDR voltage is 2.6. One other thing how can i tell that they are running in ddr mode. Sorry for the probably dumb questions, but i would rather ask than kill my system, playing about.

My thanks in advance

Poo :confused:

When your PC boots it'll say if it's running the memory in dual channel mode.

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

Thanks wired

I don't have these

in my bios only the ones i have listed above i take one of them is the same as listed. If so which ones. I will also chage my voltage. What sort of fsb speed do you think i could expect to get with a slight oc.

Poo :eek:

• Corsair Employee

Your bios should look like this:

X - DRAM Clock Auto

X- CAS latency Time Auto (2.5)

X- Row Cycle Time Auto

X- Row Refresh Cycle Time Auto

X- RAS# to CAS# delay Auto (3)

X- RAS# to RAS# delay Auto

X- Min RAS# Active time Auto (6)

X- RAS# Precharge Time Auto (3)

X- Write Recovery Time Auto

X- Write to Read Delay Auto

X- DRAM Command rate Auto

X- Burst Length 4 beats

X- Bank Interleaving Enabled

32 bit Dram Memory Hole Auto

MTRR mapping mode Continuous

• 1 month later...
i have a MSI k7n2 delta 2 platinum mobo,6570-e model,xp home sp2,xfx 6800 gt 256 mb graphics card,im running a gig of twinx 1024-3200c2(matched pair of cmx 3200c2pt) with an athlon xp 3200+ cpu and i cannot get this memory to run stable at 2.5-3-3-6 as stated for an AMD system ive got the latest mobo bios 11.4,but it keeps setting up at 3-3-3-8 but i keep getting the option to boot in either safe or start windows anyway screen,which it will then run but that cant be a good way tro run a computer,if i try to run at 2.5-3-3-6 i keep crashing to desktop,there are a lot of ways to adjust things in bios,manual,auto,spd,cell menu options for overclocking,etc..etc...I had this same problem with some "crucial" pc 4000 that their "memory finder" said would work in my system but at 3-4-4-8, same probs, and the mobo wanted to set it at 3-3-3-8 as well which like my current corsair memory would run,but not stabily and thats not what i paid for,I rma'd it.what i need is the"complete exact bios settings" u would recommend for getting my current memory(corsair) to run stable at spec speeds,whether it be manual,auto or by spd,recommended memory voltage, changing the fsb/multiplier if need be etc ..etc

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

All other settings to defaults.

If you still have problems, I'd lean towards a BIOS problem. Try re-flashing it, if no go, RMA the motherboard.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem with my Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT memory. My memory is set to 3-3-3-8 2T, seen on Everest home edition. I saw on the Corsair website that it must be 2-3-3-6 1T or on my system, got an AMD, it should be 2,5-3-3-6 1T. You can tell me how to set my memory on the recommend speeds? And how to do it?

Read my previous post.

So I have to set Cl at 2,5? And how do I change my voltage (where)? You can only set it in steps of 0.1 or something, what is the original voltage then?

btw. I see on the Corsair site that the "'*" has been removed... It said 2,5-3-3-6 for AMD. So I can just set it to 2-3-3-6 1T right now?

Yes, with any of the newer AMD 64 based systems they should run at cas 2.

What do I have to think now? Memory timings are good? But I still see (3.0-3-3-8@200Mhz)...

I did benchmarkprograms of Everest and they were much better :)

specseverest.JPG.a86a7e651c5e4c14799cecc395dad05e.JPG

Ok ik played a game Call of duty UO and therefore i ran 3D mark 2005... When map was finished loading I got a bleu screen... 3D mark didn't worked probeply as well, after loadingscreen I had a black screen. Pc was hanging... What I have to do now???

Ik did the settings above. 2-3-3-6 1T Voltage is set to 2.75

This are my BIOS settings now:

Memlock index value (Mhz) 400Mhz

CAS Latency=2

Tras=6T

Trcd=3T

Trp=3T

Trc=11T

Trfc=13T

Trwt=5T

Twr=3T

1T/2T memory timing=1T

S/W Dram Over 4G Remapping=Enabled

H/W DRAm Over 4G Remapping=Enabled

So with these settings Call of duty Uo gave a bleu screen and 3D mark 2005 gave a black screen after loading (pc hangs)...

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have a GA-7N400 Pro 2 with AMD Athlon XP3200+ 400FSB 512 Cache Barton CPU & Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB (2 x 512MB Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC,Unbuffered, CL2 RAM.

I purchased another 1 Gb of exactly the same RAM but it is not being recognised. I have checked that the new RAM is working perfectly ( which it is ).

My BIOS is up to date.

I am a novice with regard to PC's

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks

You cannot mix memory with most MB's; and with this MB you can only use 3 double sided modules or 4 single sided modules.

Thanks.

Is the Corsiar memory that I have single or double sided ?

Sorry for asking but I don't have a clue :confused:

I have my 3200C2 2x512's manually set to 2-3-3-6 and the voltage is set to auto, and it seems to be running fine, but where would I find the 1t & 2t settings, or what would it be called in the bios? Or should I just leave that setting default?

Also I am thinking of adding another pair of the same memory. I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI NF4 board. Can this use all 4 dimms with the 3200C2 512's, or 8 banks of memory, or am I stuck with only using 3 dimms?

Archived