Corsair Community

#853261 - Money taken for Advance RMA but no response for 5 days

FAM

Hi,

I've opted for an advance RMA for my faulty HX-750W PSU which I paid for 5 days ago. The system glitched and although the money has now left my account (not pending) and gone to Corsair the ticket says I have not yet paid.

Also there's been no response since 5 days ago from the support ticket handler. It should not take this long to ship a unit out to me especially after you've taken my money.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wootaru

Are you able to check my ticket as I'm trying to ship my item back to you but it costs about a $100 to ship a PSU to Taiwan and since you've already taken $200 from me I don't really have the funds to pay for it. Can anything be done on Corsair's end?

Isn't it a bit strange to force the customer to pay for such expensive shipping (which is breaking the ACCC technically) when it's half the price of the item? I would have been better off selling this slightly defective unit and buying a new unit with local warranty for less as technically it still has 2 years of warranty and is working despite the problems.

Sorry but I'm not in a position to really fork out $300 just to replace a defective Corsair product.

I want to add I'm not necessarily asking for free shipping although it would be appreciated.

If Corsair are willing to refund my collateral payment I'll send the problematic unit back ASAP. I have it boxed up but I'm not paying half the cost of a high-end PSU to ship it when it's not my fault it developed issues.

Archived