The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Lanceo90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967897
Lanceo90 Reputation: 10
Default Windows Installer Doesn't See NX500

Greetings,

I recently picked up an NX500 and hooked it up to my computer. From the start, my BIOS and my Windows disk wouldn't see it.

In Windows, from my existing install on another SSD I managed to provision the drive in NTFS is Disk Management. That made the drive show up while I'm booted into Windows.

After that it still wouldn't show up in BIOS or Windows Installer. I updated both the firmware of the NX500 and my BIOS. It still doesn't show up.

I'm having trouble googling any more solutions. Last thing I've tried is unplugging every drive except the NX500 but it still doesn't work.

EDIT: One proposed solution I found said to make a UEFI Windows thumb drive rather than my disk. This indeed makes the NX500 show up, lets me install Windows and delete it. But upon finishing and restarting, the installer just takes me back to that screen rather than continuing, taking out the thumbdrive I get the error "The current bios settings do not support the boot device"

Anyone have an idea what else to try?

Last edited by Lanceo90; 08-09-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Rick's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967973
Corsair Rick Reputation: 10

Hello Lanceo90,

I'd suggest contacting our Technical Support team at support.corsair.com. I'm sure they'll want to know your system information and other stuff. I'm sure they'll be able to figure out the issue!

Old 10-30-2018, 06:13 AM

POST ID # = 978308
macca1 Reputation: 10

Hello,
Older MB's don't support booting from uefi, so these ssd's don't even show up. I got it to work on my Asus P9X79 by modding the bios. Its obviously risky and not supported but worked for me. My NX500 now appears in the bios and I'm using it as a boot drive for windows 10. Anyone looking for a fix can follow this well written step by step guide..... if you're willing to take the risk!
https://www.win-raid.com/t455f16-Gui...UEFI-BIOS.html

Last edited by macca1; 10-30-2018 at 06:21 AM.