Corsair Community

HS70 noise when powered on, minimum vol too loud

tiessar

In a similar vain to the noise from only the left ear cup post, when powered on I have a constant hollow pink noise like sound coming from the left cup. It's not poorly filtered DC as it's currently not plugged in. Changing the volume wheel does not affect the noise. Did this fail QC or was the engineering that bad?

It may or may not have started after doing a firmware update, which I swear I saw the number go up to 0.72 but it's back to 0.64 now?

Also is it possible to decrease the minimum volume? Currently, the wheel needs to be rotated approx 5mm before any sound comes out, and at that lowest volume, it's too loud without having to turn down the volume in Windows to 20. As it currently sits with the above noise issue, I need to have something constantly playing to drown that out, but without going down low enough it's kind of annoying to constantly change the Windows volume slider.

Also, I'm pretty darn sure I've lost range since that firmware update (disconnecting instead of just dropping audio at range).

I also just notice the deadzone on the volume knob, If set all the way to 0, and then rolling it up it can rotate about like you said 5 mm before any sound is heard, like the 0 is set wrong or something, wonder if that can be fixed with a firmware update

After using these for a while longer, I have come to the conclusion that this is the nature of mid range wireless headsets.

A few things, with no sound transmitting there is an ever slight hiss from the left earcup, and turning the volume wheel up creates a new hiss which I suspect is the amplifier circuit.

As soon as there is audio transmission there is an even louder hiss which drowns out quite a significant amount of the lower volume range, and when the volume is borderline low it actually crackles in and out as what I guess is the transmission circuitry switching between transmit and sleep.

This transmission quirk above can be easily heard if you use a background noise generator. If you follow the calibration instructions on this following link you can hear just how much louder the transmission noise is over the playback audio https://mynoise.net/calibration.php

I suspect we will never see these issues fixed as I assume they are just part and parcel of such a product.

I think it could just be a bad/defected headset, Mine i only get the faintest of static in the left ear but nothing else and that slight static goes away if i play a video or something even if the video is muted. And moving the volume slider i dont hear any additional static at all, the volume slider does not affect the static at all. And i also have a Corsair Void (non pro) wireless and it has No static what so ever and ive had it for a couple years now. so i dont think its just cheap hardware being used to get the cost, Maybe you should try to RMA it or get it replaced

Im having the same issue. I bought the HS70 and as soon as I connected the headset to my laptop I started hearing the noise on the left ear cup. I tried it on my ps4 still the same. Went to replace the headset the next day and the issue is still there. I tried to convince my self its ok but its not. the noise coming from the left ear cup forced me to refund the product

Archived