Corsair Community

Can't get front panel audio to work on my Air 540 case (ROG Crosshair VI Extreme)

Riekopo

I recently built a new AMD based gaming PC and decided to go with a somewhat compact Corsair Air 540 case since I trust Corsair's quality. I'm pretty happy with how the case looks and its features though I wish it had more dust filters and a front HDMI passthrough for VR systems. Maybe on the next revision...

However, I'm having a problem with the front panel audio. My motherboard is an Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme. My CPU is a Ryzen 7 1800X and my GPU is a XFX Vega 64 LC. For some reason I can't get the front panel audio to work. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong if anything. It's causing me to plug my Sennheiser and SteelSeries headsets into the rear audio ports which I'm afraid may not be providing the best audio quality for my headsets as the front ports would. Some Asus motherboards tell you to use the front panel audio for headsets because those are specifically amplified in a way the rear ports aren't.

It's also a bit harder to run my wires around to my chair from the back of the case. I'd really appreciate any help that can be given and would love to hear from a Corsair rep.

• Corsair Employee
have you make sure the HD Audio front panel connect cable is connected? It's also possible that your case's front I/O is defected, if that's the case, you will need to create a support ticket at http://support.corsair.com and we will send you a replacement I/O panel free of charge, just be sure to attach your proof of purchase!

Archived