Corsair Community

Corsair, i Need your response before i cut sick on consumer law.

I'm kinda lost with where to begin..

ive had that much trouble with my keyboard, today its deleted the profiles which where "saved to the keyboard" when i turned the pc on..

it wont bind more than a single key for a macro.

example: it cannot execute macro GUI+E, it will launch apps etc, but will not bind keystrokes...

So this keyboard has "on board memory" and these profiles that were deleted were "saved to the device" so how come the 3 profiles "saved to the board" disappeared the second i hit the fricken power button?

CUE is the worst software ive ever used just about, not going to lie, clean cut honesty their.

i could code better, but im the one paying for product here, it isnt my job.

I've canceled the order for my scimitar pro rgb as im more than certain its the same fricken story with those as it is with k95 issues, its all CUE related which is an absolute resource sucker and a half (which i CAN to SOME extent, comprehend, i dont understand it though, can be better)..

AND the fact that these devices... seemingly dont actually have onboard memory... im led to assume this is false advertising plain and simple. i cant "plug and play" where ever i want to go, and have macros saved.

and i dont expect to pay a premium for lying shiiiite either, the question is always "at whos expense"? huh...

I hope im dead wrong, i hope i have a faulty product and that im the looney blah fricken blah.. but reality has it, that's not the case. This is some really low and unexpected standard from corsair, being an avid corsair dedicated fan for 10 years (as far as i can see) and i really hope im just missing something.. but really all i feel is, im missing what i paid for.... thanks.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

Do you have the K95 Platinum or K95 RGB? If you have the platinum version, it does have hardware playback. Now in order for hardware playback to work, you will need to completely exit out of CUE once you have set the macros.

excellent keyboard elsewise, the feel is INCREDIBLE. that alone is something i dont really WANT to give up, but i may HAVE to if i dont find an alternative or a solution to this issue.

Half of us arent just "gamers"... that was the case 10 years ago when most of us where teeny boopers.

i can guarantee a lot of people doing stocks and other forms of trades would be purchasing this for the macros and the "on board memory" etc... i just thought i was paying for something consistent and competative is all... this design (k95) has been around for 3 years, with no absolute "fix" so looking at that, my hope is next to none on this issue being resolved, but we will see.... i pray theirs a god and that he negotiates with the corsair gods to send me a corsair jesus.

Hello,

Do you have the K95 Platinum or K95 RGB? If you have the platinum version, it does have hardware playback. Now in order for hardware playback to work, you will need to completely exit out of CUE once you have set the macros.

its the RGB model sorry! mx-brown 18 g keys

" SKU: CH-9000221-NA | CC#: 2030092 "

• Corsair Employee
its the RGB model sorry! mx-brown 18 g keys

" SKU: CH-9000221-NA | CC#: 2030092 "

This version allow you to save static lighting and save performance settings only. It does not have on-board memory to store your macros and key remaps. If saving macros and key remaps something you are looking for, K95 Platinum is the model you need. I hope this clarifies things a bit for you.

This version allow you to save static lighting and save performance settings only. It does not have on-board memory to store your macros and key remaps. If saving macros and key remaps something you are looking for, K95 Platinum is the model you need. I hope this clarifies things a bit for you.

well, even in that department - things arent working lmao.

Thanks for clarifying the gimmick up though, i thought rapidfire was a "gamers" board coz of the speed switches etc, and people were paying for the near instance response time.

Considering both are marketed as "programmable g keys".

alright, is there a way to use a USB as "the keyboards memory" then to save/load macros, presets and what not?

hire me and ill code it for you guys and sell it as a fix for a "revolutionary reissue" LMFAO (that biz tactic HAS to already be in the works)

All ramble aside, thanks for the response!

some insight of how to make cue not a asshat would be great.

when i change polling rates or go to bios by the switch on the keyboard it remembers my lighting till it actually switches, then it loads the profiles from cue but the 3 that are supposed to be saved onto the keyboard are deleted from cue... so why cant the device "fully" remember the setting and why is cue overriding the onboards memory profiles? it refuses outright to save profiles to M1, M2 or M3...

just lines up the ones in a row from cue, from the top down, which makes the "select your profile and save it to static lighting" option irrelevant lol

You have to exit CUE for the static profiles to work.

that just makes it a lit up brick.

And as i said... i cant change the profiles that you save to the keyboard and assign the "m" buttons like you are ment to be able to do.

no cue= no saving/switching anything. that simple.

UPDATE:

1. uninstalled CUE2 and my profiles came back. only the space bar and arrows where not lit, odd..

2. reinstalling CUE2 now and restarting, will edit in results

EDIT

3. so its still a @$%hat, every now and then it stays lit when i turn it off, and as for profiles, they're good...

BUT macro execution still doesnt work. (example trying to tether GUI+E to open my computer)

So let me get this straight... You just blamed CUE and Corsair for something that was windows related.. Think you owe Corsair an apology.

I've had the K70 RGB, Now K95 Plat, Sabre and Scimitar, all work perfectly.. Except, the Scimitar loses its memory on the side buttons, That is annoying. Other than that, I went from razer to Corsair without any remorse..

Archived