Corsair Community

Sabre RGB Mouse with Corsair Utility 1.5.108 lighting issue when waking from sleep.

Infexous

Hi everyone,

I updated to the newest corsair utility, and ever since then my sabre RGB color profile wont load when i wake my pc from sleep. The program is always running, but the mouse will be blank. No light whatsoever. Sometimes after ~30 seconds they come back. But mostly I have to close / open the program and click on my color profile again.

I have only one profile, set as default and saved to device memory. Tried a clean install of the program. This never happened in the last version.

Update:

I've noticed if i put my pc to sleep and wake it shortly after, my color profile loads up fine. However, if left in sleep mode for a long period of time (overnight) thats when CUE has a glitch loading my profile.

The mouse still works, and on my windows LOGIN SCREEN, Not loaded into my desktop, I do see the solid colors of the profile made for my mouse (but no gradient / lighting effects I made in CUE). After logging back in, it goes blank for about 30 seconds, or sometimes stays until i restart CUE.

Gonna try to wipe / recreate my color profile and see if that helps.

If not rolling back is my only option it seems. as this definitely does not happen to me with 1.5.80 :/

Update 2:

Rolled back to 1.5.80. Left my pc on sleep overnight and upon waking it my color profile loaded instantly.

Definitely an issue 1.5.108 specific in my case.

I can't duplicate on my system either. What motherboard are you using? I'd recommend also updating all your specs in the profile.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 Ports.

I still have an old installer for CUE v 1.5.80. If the problem persists I suppose I'll have to roll back.

Thanks for the tip. Will report back.

Update:

Didn't fix it. But after further troubleshooting, I've noticed if I put my pc to sleep and wake it shortly after, my color profile loads up fine. However, if left in sleep mode for a long period of time (overnight) thats when CUE has a glitch loading my profile.

The mouse still works, and on my windows LOGIN SCREEN, Not loaded into my desktop, I do see the DEFAULT colors of the mouse. After logging back in, it goes blank. (until I reload my profile in CUE)

Gonna try to wipe / recreate my color profile and see if that helps.

If not rolling back is my only option it seems. as this definitely does not happen to me with 1.5.80 :/

I have the Sabre mouse also. Is it supposed to go to sleep after a while? Mine doesn't. I just unplug it. Why doesn't the K70 RGB not go to sleep as well,kind of irritating. My Razer Chroma, Naga Epic has no such problem.

IF its a software problem,which I'm sure it is,why hasn't this been implemented yet?

I have the Sabre mouse also. Is it supposed to go to sleep after a while? Mine doesn't. I just unplug it. Why doesn't the K70 RGB not go to sleep as well,kind of irritating. My Razer Chroma, Naga Epic has no such problem.

IF its a software problem,which I'm sure it is,why hasn't this been implemented yet?

I believe your issue is your devices aren't "turning off" after you put your pc in sleep mode / power off correct? While this isn't a problem I'm facing now, I had this issue in the past.

If so this is very likely because of a BIOS setting for your motherboard. My board, and I assume others, offers low power modes for USB ports. The feature is supposed to be useful for charging phones, etc.. when your pc is asleep / off. Search around your BIOS, Motherboard manual and google. Find and turn that feature off.

As to why your other mice didn't show signs of this problem, It can very well be hardware / firmware related with corsair's devices as well. But the CUE Software shouldn't have an effect while the pc is off.

As for my K70 and Sabre, after turning off the USB charge feature in my BIOS, they turn off fine.

Sorry for the double post,I lost internet connection right after I hit reply.

One thing I just realized from your post infecxous,I don't think I have my PC set to sleep at all. It runs 24/7. So if I changed that,it might work with Corsairs gear. When my Razer stuff is connected The Epic times out on its own,so that hardware. I can change on how soon the mouse sleeps in software. The Chroma goes to sleep when the monitor goes to sleep. My mistake is thinking the Corsair stuff does that also. I'll set my computer to sleep after a certain time now and see if that works. I'm sure it will. TY for bring the sleep mode up,I never thought of that. :)

• Corsair Employee
I believe your issue is your devices aren't "turning off" after you put your pc in sleep mode / power off correct? While this isn't a problem I'm facing now, I had this issue in the past.

If so this is very likely because of a BIOS setting for your motherboard. My board, and I assume others, offers low power modes for USB ports. The feature is supposed to be useful for charging phones, etc.. when your pc is asleep / off. Search around your BIOS, Motherboard manual and google. Find and turn that feature off.

As to why your other mice didn't show signs of this problem, It can very well be hardware / firmware related with corsair's devices as well. But the CUE Software shouldn't have an effect while the pc is off.

As for my K70 and Sabre, after turning off the USB charge feature in my BIOS, they turn off fine.

Have you tried putting your mouse to sleep with CUE off and then waking it up after a prolonged period of time? Does the LED come back on then? Im going to try to imitate your setup in the lab.

Have you tried putting your mouse to sleep with CUE off and then waking it up after a prolonged period of time? Does the LED come back on then? Im going to try to imitate your setup in the lab.

Yes, My mouse defaults to my color scheme (minus effects) saved to device memory as soon as power is restored. If CUE is off, Then when I log back in to windows, It stays at the static color fine. (no effects because no CUE obviously)

I use CUE for a color gradient and flashing light profile I made, when CUE is open, for some reason CUE is bugging / delaying applying my effects profile when i log in.

Btw, I tried recreating my color profile and it didn't change anything. Going to roll back and report if the problem persists (highly unlikely)

Possibly related? I'm seeing similar behavior since updating to the latest CUE/Firmware for my K95 RGB.

Haven't done any proper troubleshooting on it yet, once I have if there's anything of note I'll start a new thread with details rather than hijacking this one - but in the meantime symptoms I'm seeing are:

• When resuming from standby I get the default Red/White colour profile
  • This persists once I'm at the desktop. Normal typing is unaffected (macros unknown - but assumed not working)
  • Opening CUE, looks like the K95 isn't connected
  • After 20-30 seconds, my colour profile loads - and looking in CUE all appears normal again.

I've just been ignoring it, as it fixes itself (as opposed to my old logitech, where I needed to taskkill /f their app and re-lauch every time I resumed from sleep...)

Possibly related? I'm seeing similar behavior since updating to the latest CUE/Firmware for my K95 RGB.

Haven't done any proper troubleshooting on it yet, once I have if there's anything of note I'll start a new thread with details rather than hijacking this one - but in the meantime symptoms I'm seeing are:

• This persists once I'm at the desktop. Normal typing is unaffected (macros unknown - but assumed not working)
  • After 20-30 seconds, my colour profile loads - and looking in CUE all appears normal again.

I've just been ignoring it, as it fixes itself (as opposed to my old logitech, where I needed to taskkill /f their app and re-lauch every time I resumed from sleep...)

I have this, except it doesn't come back at all. On wakeup I get the default color scheme and none of the corsair software can detect the keyboard (still works for typing though). I have latest software/firmware. Can't say for sure, but I never noticed this issue before recently updating the software and firmware.

This is indeed very similar to what I'm experiencing with my mouse. Glad I'm not the only one? lol

I'll report this and see if it can be reproduced. Can you also tell me if youre using Sabre Optical or Laser?

Update:

Rolled back to 1.5.80. Left my pc on sleep overnight and upon waking it my color profile loaded instantly.

Definitely an issue specific to 1.5.108 for me.

I have my computer on sleep after 30 mins. I put the usb's on sleep also and My mouse and keyboard still stay on. Is there another setting I should be looking at?

That would probably be your BIOS settings.

Look for that USB charge / low power feature I mentioned for your motherboard.

I think each board names it differently. Which model motherboard do you have?

Its an Asus Deluxe P67..

Also,when my computer goes to sleep,it changes my current keyboard and mouse colors to default. When I wake it up,it changes back.. Weird..

I'll check the bios in the morning.

Its an Asus Deluxe P67..

Also,when my computer goes to sleep,it changes my current keyboard and mouse colors to default. When I wake it up,it changes back.. Weird..

I'll check the bios in the morning.

A quick google search told me that for ASUS boards you are looking for the ErP and S3 States options in your BIOS, (This is actually the same on my Gigabyte board) But after reviewing your motherboards manual it doesn't seem like it offers the option to change these. :/ But poke around some more.

Also, regarding your color profiles defaulting at sleep. That's normal. As the CUE software no longer has any control over the devices when the PC is sleeping.

The best solution, if you dislike the default colors, is in CUE, save your color profile to "device onboard memory". This will load your colors to your devices and they will be the "default" from now on. (NOTE: Even when saved to device memory, When CUE is off / inactive, your devices WILL NOT display any color EFFECTS, only basic soild colors of your theme.)

I was just in my bios and I didn't find anything that let me put the usb's to sleep. You are right. Also,I'm not worried about the colors default,but The keyboard and mouse won't go to sleep. I currently just turn the lights off on the keyboard,which is no big deal and unplug the mouse. Honestly,I could probably just leave the mouse plugged in,I doubt the lights will fail anytime soon,and the mouse was only $50.. Is this what I'm going to need to do? Just turn the lights off?

I was just in my bios and I didn't find anything that let me put the usb's to sleep. You are right. Also,I'm not worried about the colors default,but The keyboard and mouse won't go to sleep. I currently just turn the lights off on the keyboard,which is no big deal and unplug the mouse. Honestly,I could probably just leave the mouse plugged in,I doubt the lights will fail anytime soon,and the mouse was only $50.. Is this what I'm going to need to do? Just turn the lights off?

One last thing you can try, are your devices using USB 3.0 ports? If they are try plugging at least your mouse in a 2.0 port and see if it allows the lights to turn off. (you can use 2.0 ports for your keyboard as well, but I believe it will require using two 2.0 ports. as opposed to one 3.0 port)

I say this because with my pc, even when i have the low power USB feature turned off, anything plugged into a USB 3.0 port WILL still get power.

Archived