Corsair Community

Corsair Link can't control AX1200i fan speed?

NLA

I posted over in the Power Supplies forum and didn't get any help, and then it occurred to me that this is probably an issue with Link, and not the power supply itself.

Re-hash of the other thread:

"I installed my AX1200i, connected the Corsair USB module to my PC's motherboard, installed the Link software, and now my PSU fan is stuck at what I'm guessing is 100% (~1860RPM).

I can't set the fan speed in the Link software. I've tried shutting down, disconnecting the dongle from the motherboard, and rebooting, and the fan stays at the same speed. It's really annoying and loud. :("

Fan speed: 1860RPM

AX1200i temp: 27.4C

Link version: 2.3.4816

Link USB Dongle version: 0.9

The AX1200i is the ONLY Corsair product in my rig, no pumps or fans or anything else that the Link software or USB dongle would interface with. Am I supposed to flash the firmware of my dongle to set the fan speed properly or something?

Please help, the fan is blowing really fast and making a lot of sound! :(

Don't know if it will help, but I normally have to adjust the speed and then click in the name box, and then click on the picture in the system area. I sometimes have to do this a couple of times. You might also have to change the speed up or down before clicking in the name box.

Have you tried an older version of the software?

Have you tried reinstalling the dongle drivers?

Yes, to both. :/

Don't know if it will help, but I normally have to adjust the speed and then click in the name box, and then click on the picture in the system area. I sometimes have to do this a couple of times. You might also have to change the speed up or down before clicking in the name box.

Have done this, makes no difference.

At this point, I'm about to install Windows 7 to a spare hard drive I have and try to adjust the fan speed in 7, and if that doesn't work I'm considering RMA. Which is ridiculous. It shouldn't be that difficult to communicate to a serial device over USB what the fan speed should be set to.

Welcome to 14 months later.

I believe it.

So, I'm booted up in 7 right now, and I still can't control the fan speed with either the latest Link software (CorsairLINK2_Installer_v2.3.4816), or the previous beta version (CorsairLinkInstall_2.0.16). I also can't flash the USB dongle with the firmware update (CorsairLinkUSBFW_2.0.6).

There's obviously communication between the USB dongle and the power supply going on -- I can see the green light on the dongle change to red/orange during times of communication, and there are efficiency updates in the Link software's Power tab -- but the fan speed is still running at a constant 1860-1880RPM.

I guess at this point I should point out that the power supply fan is running at this same speed during bootup and POST, and before I've even booted into an OS, which leads me to wonder if thats normal? Like, when you set a fan speed or profile (ie. Default vs Fixed speed), does that stick with the hardware?

It's weird, because without any cables connected, the PSU passes the self-test just fine.

So at this point, I'm probably going to RMA. Which means I'll have to go several days without being able to use my PC, which is my workstation. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

When you open the software so you see the fan listed on the left side for the AX1200I PSU?

If so select the fan then a tab will open from the Right side select fixed RPM then set the fan to 44% and click on the fan.

Does it start to run?

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

Did you try this step? Or do you not see the fan at all listed?

When you open the software so you see the fan listed on the left side for the AX1200I PSU?

If so select the fan then a tab will open from the Right side select fixed RPM then set the fan to 44% and click on the fan.

Does it start to run?

FIX IT sometimes it takes it 1 second sometimes it takes it 3-5min to change...i set to 100% fixed speed i just now set to default...its been over 30 seconds iv been typing this message...STILL hasnt changed back to normal...ugh ok now its been almost over a minute

over 2min now...still running max speed...wow

so i set to fixed speed 100% again then back to default and it fixed it...but i shouldnt have to do that...

Archived