Windows 8 Support

New Hardware Detection and Monitoring Engine

Firmware flashing to Commander units prior to firmware 2.06 now supported

CPU temperature for all AMD platforms now supported

Device Icon’s now have three selectable sizes

Communication between multiple devices has been improved

Corsair Link 2.3.4816

Firmware: Corsair Link Firmware 2.0.6

Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot before you install the latest software

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not perfect!

Device Icon's float about when you minimize and maximize the screen, they aren't locked to the image of the case when it changes size.

I've only got the two 200mm fans hooked up to the cooling node and they get very noisy when the fan speed is reduced below 900rpm, not so when the Asus suite fan controller is managing them. Temped to change them out or just put them back on the MB.

Can only say that the lighting nodes seem to be working properly now with this new version.

Just my first impression. Stand by for more feedback.

Works soooo much better!!! 2.2.0 crashed every time i clicked somewhere, tried to change backgroud image, profiles didn't work, couldn't even open the app everytime. And it always took 10% of my 3770k, now nothing... Great job! Everything works great! (using cooling, lighting node and AXi psu).

Here are some ideas the devs could impement in corsair link software :

- Be able to graph power resources (such as power in, power out, efficiency...) on graph tab and know how may watts the pc has used in a day, week, month, lifetime (for AXi)

- Be able to scale the graph on a much longer period (1h or 1d)

- And rename PCIe labels in OCP in Power tab

- And one last thing that would be really cool : add a new LED Mode : music flashing mode (LED flash with music, e.g. blue for bass, red for medium and yellow for treble) I did it with Processing and an Arduino, but that would be amazing if it were implemented in the software!

Hi, annoying problem with this version :

When i link the 2 CPU Fans to the CPU température, Fan's speed going crazy !

The speeds varies from 500 to 1100 RPM and speeds are not stable at stable temperature.

I use W8 Pro x64 and the other problem (Hidden Window: Sierra2.exe at shutdown) is gone. But this one is particulary more disturbing

edit: here's a little movie of my problem : CorsairLink Problem

Still not perfect!

I've only got the two 200mm fans hooked up to the cooling node and they get very noisy when the fan speed is reduced below 900rpm, not so when the Asus suite fan controller is managing them. Temped to change them out or just put them back on the MB.

This seems to be connected to the firmware on the Cooling Node itselsf, i was stupid enough to upgrade all the firmwares and later realize that i should only have upgraded the firmware on the Commander-box itself. After i did this i can't run any fans below 1000RPM, this cause the create noisy fans (some kind of ticking sound. And it worsen tremendously the lower i go, in the end i disconnected the whole Corsair Link from my computer and i have everything attached to the motherboard and use Asus Fan Expert (only minus is that the CPU and CPU Opt fan run without fan controlling system).

I am still waiting for new firmware for the whole system.

finally!!!

so far so good, stable for 2 days now, where it used to BSOD every 2 hours on Windows8-64 with Intel RSTe drivers on an Asus sabretooth X79.

One thing that seems to be behaving weirdly is the led: it does not seem to follow the led color which is displayed in Temperature mode....but nothing major

Delete the profile and make a new one. SAve it and restart. Does it do the same thing?

Have you recently changed where the nodes are plugged in to the Commander unit?

It seemed like two of my harddrives where a few days on the way before it registered them. I think that triggered it to corrupt the profile cause I tried a few times to redo the profile.

This time I deleted the profile and made a new and so far it works.

although Winddows8 did not crash, the Link monitor stopped working:

Source

CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎20-‎Mar-‎13 00:21

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLINK2\CorsairLINK_HardwareMonitor.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: corsairlink_hardwaremonitor.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.3.4816.18345

Problem Signature 03: 513b6d43

Problem Signature 04: System

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18033

Problem Signature 06: 50b5aad4

Problem Signature 07: 1147

Problem Signature 08: 6f

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.Compression.ZLib

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: f3d5

Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 03850b9babdba0fe6171ca9e931ea688 (-773681328)

The opportunity of choosing one's preference for where to install it.

• No one has an infinite C:\ drive.
  • More and more users have SSDs and the fewer hits to them, the better.
  • Still had to take stabs at which USB port to plug the H100i cable into for it to be recognized.

On my 650-D, the 200mm front fan isn't responsive to RPM settings. Everything is running through a Commander and others work OK.

Very happy to see that the every-1-second disk activity from Sierra2 is gone.

Would like to get the LED colors as they were previously. Used to be a nice bright, saturated color blue to be chosen for the cool temperature. Now, it only goes down to a dull teal that flickers once in a while.

Other than those, this version appears to be working fine.

Not bad, but 2 annoying things:

-"save changes" message before every quit (even if u set nothing)

Agreed. Never understood that one.

-it can't see my psu (ax1200i), so the most important thing is disappeared with all of its options :D

I had this. Which firmware version is in your Commander? Had to roll back to an earlier CL version to flash the Commander, then uninstall the old version and install the new and it showed up. On another motherboard, plugging the USB cable into a different motherboard port got things to surface.

Mine is working now :) all device detected including AX1200i.

Try rolling back checking you have the latest firmware on the commander, uninstall the link software, reboot and then when you install this new updated software everything should work fine.

Thumbs up for corsair getting this all fixed and supported in Windows 8

Uninstalled the old software using Revo uninstaller to make sure no traces would be left behind. Deleted the Corsair Folder in Appdata.

Installed the 2.3.4816 and hoped for a solution for Windows 8. Still no pump, no fans visible on Link2. I can see everything else but what I am supposed to...:confused:

What I am missing? Why is it so tedious?

Bah on reboot the new software was crashing windows - not a bluescreen, a total reboot. Ripped link out of my system ... at least my case fans work when plugged into the motherboard!! You wouldn't think it would be so challenging just to power a few case fans...! (Or write software that doesn't crash all the time). Bad purchase. 2.3.4816 a disaster for my link. Back to my raw H100 running the fans.

Uninstalled the old software using Revo uninstaller to make sure no traces would be left behind. Deleted the Corsair Folder in Appdata.

Installed the 2.3.4816 and hoped for a solution for Windows 8. Still no pump, no fans visible on Link2. I can see everything else but what I am supposed to...:confused:

What I am missing? Why is it so tedious?

What devices do you have?

How are they connected?

Had to roll back to an earlier CL version to flash the Commander, then uninstall the old version and install the new and it showed up. On another motherboard, plugging the USB cable into a different motherboard port got things to surface.

Thx the info, I'm going to try these "tricks" :)

For me Link 2.3 is working quite nicely, but I was trying to install the 2.0.6 firmware, but Link2 wont let me? It says "The firmware file is not correct"? But its for the H100i right? Why doesnt it work then, i have 2.0.5 installed now? Or does it update the firmware automatically when installing link2 or something? I cant find a "about" page where you can see which fw is installed? So what am i doing wrong? But the high cpu usage is fixed for me, so this is definetly a improvement over 2.2. Actually right now im happy with my H100i, even if 3 hole´s where either too big or the screws too thin so I couldnt mount it 100%, but Its working anyway. But as I ranted in a thread before, this H100i is the last Corsair cooler/case I ever buy again, the build quality and quality overall is terrible and should be much better for such a "highend" brand. Just corsair ram from now on, sorry Corsair, you have lost a customer in a way.

EDIT:Now i found the fw info, there was a "about" page afterall, but it says 1.0.5 is installed, so I must have got it wrong, the 2.0.6 firmware is for something else eh? Is it for the commander? If so, why is it on the same page for H100i downloads?

Archived