Corsair Community

Corsair Link RGB LED strips

Melturface

They've been promised since the link was announced and still mentioned on the product page but seems to be just another piece of Corsair vapourware presently .

Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit

The cooling and lighting kit includes everything in the cooling kit, plus a dual-channel lighting controller and three RGB LED strips. Each channel can power up to 33 light strips (available separately)

They've been promised since the link was announced and still mentioned on the product page but seems to be just another piece of Corsair vapourware presently .

Corsair Link Cooling and Lighting Kit

The cooling and lighting kit includes everything in the cooling kit, plus a dual-channel lighting controller and three RGB LED strips. Each channel can power up to 33 light strips (available separately)

Yup whoever is running this project or department of corsair needs to be fired. If I didn't do my job like them I wouldn't have a job.

It seems a if certain products are marketed properly and sell well, but others flop big time due to the ****ty people runnning/working in that department.....

they are available seperately but their sold with additional nodes

it would be nice to buy just the lights but they can sell as they want to ,,even with the nodes its still a fair price but they do have sales from time to time.i bought one when they had a 1/2 price sale

• 3 weeks later...
they are available seperately but their sold with additional nodes

it would be nice to buy just the lights but they can sell as they want to ,,even with the nodes its still a fair price but they do have sales from time to time.i bought one when they had a 1/2 price sale

Well I guess ill start making them myself. I wonder how many people would be interested in buying them lol.

• 5 months later...
I see it says everywhere that each channel supports 33 strips....

Also says AVAILIBLE SEPRATLY........ ok WHERE!?!?!?

Where can I buy just the RGB LED strips and extention cables??????

I'm not buying another controller if mine can do 66 strips......

hi,there,recommend use ebay or amzon can get them

• 2 weeks later...

Normal RGB LED Lights work fine

I just got a 5M Roll of 5050 RGB LEDS.

As noted you have to swap the Green and Blue wires over (or you get the wrong colours) but apart from that they work 100% fine. (or you can just think green slider = blue, blue slider = Green)

The ones I got are about 70% as bright as the ones which corsair supplies but I am sure I can find brighter ones but they where the 1st ones I found.

Their advertising says 33 strip lights which I presume is 99 5050 LEDS.. I have 150 single ones all showing fine. (5 Metres/3 LEDS per 10 cm) but the ones I have are around 70% the brightness as above.

Not that I'm going to put 5 Metres of LEDS in my computer all in one row.. Umm.. I have a 900D, maybe I'll will :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Normal RGB LED Lights work fine

I just got a 5M Roll of 5050 RGB LEDS.

As noted you have to swap the Green and Blue wires over (or you get the wrong colours) but apart from that they work 100% fine. (or you can just think green slider = blue, blue slider = Green)

The ones I got are about 70% as bright as the ones which corsair supplies but I am sure I can find brighter ones but they where the 1st ones I found.

Their advertising says 33 strip lights which I presume is 99 5050 LEDS.. I have 150 single ones all showing fine. (5 Metres/3 LEDS per 10 cm) but the ones I have are around 70% the brightness as above.

Not that I'm going to put 5 Metres of LEDS in my computer all in one row.. Umm.. I have a 900D, maybe I'll will :-)

Thanks. I also posted a tutorial in the mod section but with a couple pictures.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=670839#post670839

Last time I offered this solution I was met by a naysayer who trolls this forum who said you would void your warranty. Obviously not an enthusiast(a poser perhaps).

Thanks. I also posted a tutorial in the mod section but with a couple pictures.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...839#post670839

Last time I offered this solution I was met by a naysayer who trolls this forum who said you would void your warranty. Obviously not an enthusiast(a poser perhaps).

I hate to say this he is correct and it's not about sales or profit of such a mod. But your using something that was not intentionally made by Corsair for their product.

Exclusions

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Wear and tear associated with normal use

Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair

Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)

Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions

Connection to any improper voltage supply

Use of consumables, such as replacement batteries, not supplied by Corsair, except where such restriction is prohibited by applicable local law

Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Anyone who attempts this would be doing so at their own risk.

I ended up just buying extra nodes. At first I thought I wanted extra lights, but it was handy to have more control. I put some LEDs just on channel one of some nodes for small areas and set them up as I liked. I then put the extra extensions and lights on the nodes on the large areas. I agree that it would be nice to buy them separately, but they just aren't.

hi all i am new too this forum does the link unit only work with ax 1200i psu i have the hx1050 which is nearly new i doint wont too buyt a new one also as any one able too source extra lights for lighting unit .

i have the 900d case is there any advantage in upgrading the fans .

hi all i am new too this forum does the link unit only work with ax 1200i psu i have the hx1050 which is nearly new i doint wont too buyt a new one also as any one able too source extra lights for lighting unit .

i have the 900d case is there any advantage in upgrading the fans .

it works with the 'I' series psu

I ended up just buying extra nodes. At first I thought I wanted extra lights, but it was handy to have more control. I put some LEDs just on channel one of some nodes for small areas and set them up as I liked. I then put the extra extensions and lights on the nodes on the large areas. I agree that it would be nice to buy them separately, but they just aren't.

id like to have extra leds also and dont mind waiting and im surely not about to modify mt leds and comprimise corsairs technology and have it happen to fry my nodes or even worse burn my house down as we just dont know what the nodes can do...

The only thing you have to be aware of is you can VERY easily kill the lighting nodes if you touch the wires together incorrectly..

I've killed 1 of my nodes already when I was adding the BYOL (Bring your own LEDS) to the lighting nodes when I accidentally touched the black and other wire directly :-(

But apart from that they work fine and I learn..

i can see the headlines now

computer burnt to a crisp because of faulty cooling node

small print that was ushered under the table

[user modified lighting strip resulting in failure

sorry to rant but honestly i think users of this should be declined any future rma's of this product

but that wont happen tho

they will come here whining what a lousy product it is with no mention of alterations.

the real concern is would you feel safe using this this way for a few measly lights and only saving a few dollars

it works with the 'I' series psu

id like to have extra leds also and dont mind waiting and im surely not about to modify mt leds and comprimise corsairs technology and have it happen to fry my nodes or even worse burn my house down as we just dont know what the nodes can do...

Mine are all corsair. By extra LEDs, I meant the ones that came with the nodes. I put fewer one on one node and more on the other.

• 3 months later...

Archived