Corsair Community

Force GT 90GB Firmware 5.03

Malign

I am currently running win 8 and get it's version of bsod with pc ran into a problem and has to restart. Sometimes it works and other times it just hangs and I have to do a hard power down. I am running all the latest drivers and bios except I am still running firmware 1.3.3 on my ssd. Could that be the culprit? I am running it in raid mode because of my 2 hdd I have in raid 0. I have read that it can not be updated while in raid mode. I have ran the Corsair field updater and it does not see the drive. Would this be because of it being ran in raid mode? what options do I have?

k did what you said but I had to go into device manager and roll back to the standard AHCI controller (found that in different thread). I had Amd latest driver for raid installed and the update would not go thru with it. So I loaded the standard driver and restarted the computer. The update took without a hitch. I then had go to my device manager and re install Amd's latest driver for raid. Restart the computer, turned it back to raid mode, let it load then I shut it down and connected the 2 drives back in and turned computer back on. Now every thing is working just fine. Also to note that my read went up from 375.5 MB/s to 421.6 MB/s and write went from 435.4 MB/s to 457.8 MB/s per Atto Benchmark. Which is a good thing considering I am on an 890 fx board vs 990fx board which gets closer to advertised speed for being AMD. I also tested my raid 0 speeds and the read jumped up 50 MB/s and the writing jumped up about 80 MB/s. I am very HAPPY with this firmware update. :praise:GREAT JOB CORSAIR!!!!!!:praise:

Archived