Corsair Community

M90 Money Back?

Lafreniere

Just had a bad experience with Corsair customer service, in which they claimed they were not “aware” of any issues with the new keyboards or mice.

I have had the M90 for two and a half weeks, and as everybody else the side buttons still do not work.

Is there any way to return this and recoup all, or most of my money back?

Through Newegg I can still return it opened, but with restocking fee’s and shipping costs that I will need to cover It is going to cost me about $20 to have had this bad experience with Corsair.

I was going to wait longer to see if the software fixes it, but after talking with customer service, I just want to get rid of this thing and cut my losses.

I learned my lesson and bought a product without reading reviews first, thought I could trust the name since I have used Corsair power supplies and Ram in all my boxes.

Live and learn.

If anybody has any suggestions or if I can return this to Corsair somehow, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I was going to wait longer to see if the software fixes it, but after talking with customer service, I just want to get rid of this thing and cut my losses.

I'm afraid that there has been a misunderstanding. "Customer service" does not provide technical support and can't help with the technical aspect of this. Also, we are working on some software updates. Please give us time to sort this and we apologize for your inconvenience.

I don't believe there was any misunderstanding.

The customer calls ''Customer Service'' with an inquiry about getting a refund on a faulty product with, dare I say, false advertisement.

The only question the customer poses in this thread is:

'Is there any way to return this and recoup all, or most of my money back?'

To answer that question.

Yes, Newegg has a 15% restocking fee, BUT:

When and why are restocking fees applied? How much is deducted when a return is subject to a restocking fee?

There is a restocking fee of 15% on all returns for refund (RMA Refund), unless waived by a Customer Support Agent

Source: http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=6

Call Newegg and tell them about your experience with the product. Since you will probably be looking for a new mouse, place a replacement inquiry instead of a refund one since companies are always easier to deal with when you talk replacement instead of refund. Find a mouse that you are interested in, I do not recommend Razer Naga as a replacement because of the Phillips Twin-eye sensor (read up on z-axis problem). However there are mice out there such as G700 that might have what you are looking for.

The Agent is likely to waive the restocking fee if you tell them that your product is faulty. Just stick to your argument and be strict.

Good luck.

Agitate the thread?

The customer calls and asks on how to approach a refund. Corsairs customer service pretends (or is oblivious) there is nothing wrong. The customer then comes here asking for advice on how to approach a refund and I'm the only person answering the question.

I don't expect a Corsair employee to answer his question, neither do I expect a Corsair employee to admit a problem with their product from what I have now seen.

If you are a forum PR person or a PR person in general, you are not doing a very good job by trying to hush me down, because I am totally aiding others in avoiding your product.. On your own forum. If you want to shut me up, you need to add a rule or go by rule 3:

ALL YOUR INFO ARE BELONG TO US

Any and all information (threads / posts / PMs / images) submitted to this site by members on this forum are considered to be property of said forum. As such, we reserve the right to edit any and all information for clarity or other violations of the rules. 99% of staff edits to public posts / profiles are normally to clarify information by replacing generic part descriptions with the actual part #, or to move system specs to profiles. Any and all edits are also logged. We also reserve the right to merge posts / threads at any time. We also reserve the right to observe PMs / emails sent through this forum to protect ourselves and our members.

But of course, that wouldn't make you look too good.

Also, you infringe my user for posting a swear word which was then filtered, thereby following rules of not going around the filters, yet you let threads such as: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102060 live even though they obviously infringe your precious rules:

9. NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:

This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

What I'm saying is that instead of admitting a problem with your products and admitting a mistake, you try to hush down people like me that do the only thing they can do, which is take up a fight with you on your little forum (and also be the direct cause of your mouse probably not being bought in Iceland, but that's another discussion).

Corsairs customer service pretends (or is oblivious) there is nothing wrong.
Customer service is a different department than Support, therefore it's entirely likely that they are not aware. They don't have to know either. If someone wants to troubleshoot, they'd transfer them over to the correct department.

The customer then comes here asking for advice on how to approach a refund and I'm the only person answering the question.
Synthohol answered him under the assumption that he was inquiring about a refund from Corsair. You gave him an alternate scenario through his retailer. Both are correct.

Also, you infringe my user for posting a swear word which was then filtered, thereby following rules of not going around the filters, yet you let threads such as: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102060 live even though they obviously infringe your precious rules.
The language filter is a different rule than the competitor rule. Wasn't aware that thread existed, so thanks for pointing it out. I'll bring it up to Corsair.

you try to hush down people like me that do the only thing they can do, which is take up a fight with you on your little forum (and also be the direct cause of your mouse probably not being bought in Iceland, but that's another discussion).
There's a big difference between starting a thread, voicing your opinion in said thread and adding to conversations rationally where needed... and stirring up threads. IMHO you're starting to leave the former to go into the latter.

Example:

I don't believe there was any misunderstanding.
That's fine and dandy, but you weren't on the call and you didn't hear their exact words or tone of voice. You're getting very limited information filtered through the OP's point of view. Ultimately your opinion is not helping the OP with his question and is irrelevant.

a faulty product with, dare I say, false advertisement.
Again, not needed in this thread. You've already posted a review thread. That would be the best place IMHO for you to continue your review.

IMAO, Bjarnidk is correct here.

All these problems are Corsair's fault. If they did not release this product before it was ready for market there would be no issue.

See what you get for selling products that are not ready yet.

I mean, really guys, just how else do you explain such poor software? It wasn't even close to ready, yet Corsair lets people pay their money and get something that only partially works.

Every time I look at my M90 and see those two bottom LEDs stuck on, and load a game and find the buttons don't work, it just makes me a little more unhappy.

What's so pitiful is that the hardware is so awesome. The tracking is truly exceptional compared to some other laser mice I've tried over the last six months or so. This is why I did not return it, because it has great potential to be a truly great mouse.

When I came here today to cruse for a new driver I saw this thread and clicked on it, not to cause trouble, but because I empathize with Bjarnidk. I understand how he feels about trusting Corsair and being let down.

I know some of you guys try really hard, but there was a fail in the chain somewhere here and it's really costing you rep. This is not like a intermittent hardware problem, or a poor laser not manufactured by you, or a batch of bad buttons. Truthfully IMHO all those things can be forgiven if the company takes care of it. This time it was a software problem. Really second rate software that just should not be on the market yet. This is preventable and Corsair should not have allowed it.

I'm a fan of various companies because they seem to go out of their way to get quality. Just like the flow of a fan in a computer (FPM) changes with voltage, my FRP (Fan Rank per Product) changes in proportion to the quality of the product I pay for.

How does one rank a product that doesn't work because the software was released too soon?

Maybe people like myself and Bjarnidk are asking too much and just taking our frustration out on Corsair, I don't know.

I can tell you these things for sure. I spent over $4000 on computer components and peripherals this year and out of all that money spent, getting a good working mouse that I really like has been the biggest problem. I spent $150 on a mouse that I ended up giving up on because it was wireless and really suffered WiFi interference problems. I already ranked that company well below Corsair. What comes of this now? Although I didn't pay such a high price for the M90, it fails right out of the box because the main features don't work properly.

I would rather have paid an additional $10 or even $20 for an M90, gotten it a month later and ended up with a product that impressed me the way other Corsair products have done, than get the disappointment that has been the M90 software.

However, when I see the mouse and feel the weight of the buttons, test the movement and the weight. Feel the response and the great tracking, all these things say this hardware is really good stuff and so I wait, and wait....and wait.

I really think in an instance like this that the manufacture (Corsair) should provide the reseller (newegg in this case) with a coupon for payment of any shipping and restocking fees and allow the customer (Lafreniere) to return the item for a full refund at no loss to him (and include original shipping too if the product was shipped by itself). Or, even simpler, pay shipping to Corsair from the customer and just cut the guy a cheque.

This problem is Corsair's fault. No one else can be blamed, yet the customers (some of them) have been left to take a loss to cover Corsair's error.

That's just not right guys. In this case, I do think the customer is right and I think a company in this position should own up to it. A little credit for admitting the software has problems and you're working on it, but that hardly makes up for the state of the software on product release.

Yeah, I know I talk too much, but sometimes I think that as consumers, it's up to us to look out for our own best interests because no one else will.

No one is being told that they cannot post their concerns here in our forum. All we ask is that it be done within forum rules. However, looking solely at this thread is not a complete picture of some peoples' activities. Some users have decided that the forum rules and the general rules of civility do not apply to them. Once a person crosses the line repeatedly, after being warned, and becomes abusive, the staff here takes steps.

That type of behavior helps no one and detracts from the people here that we are trying to help. Also, piling on the staff and debating the forum rules and decisions we are forced to make is not helping anyone.

Corsair is here to help and we have not abandoned our customers. We are aware of the customer concerns relating to our recent KB and mouse launches. However, we must also maintain an orderly forum as prescribed by our rules so that we can provide the highest level of support.

In a rare departure from company policy regarding software announcements, I am announcing early that we will have an announcement regarding new software by the end of the work day on California time, PST USA, on Monday January 9, 2012. Please tune in on Monday and we appreciate your patience.

Archived