Corsair Community

Corsair K90 First Impression

krazyxazn

I received the keyboard earlier today and gave it a test run. The keyboard is very comfortable to use. I'm a big fan of the brightness from the back-light as well as the media keys.

However I would have wished the wrist-rest had extendable arms to position the wrist-rest further from the keyboard. However the wrist-rest works very well detached from the keyboard and position further away. When the wrist-rest is attached to the keyboard my wrist actually touch the table and not on the wrist-rest, a minor issue but as previously stated was easily fixed. I do enjoy the material used to cover the wrist-rest.

The macro program was fairly easy to use. However I noticed some of the "Advanced Commands" were either not implemented yet or were not working. I also could not get key combinations to work, for example "Ctrl+H" and others. I used many variations with delays and how I entered the keys, but had no luck.

I did notice one flaw on the aluminum cutout. My "Delete" key's cutout has the cutout dimensions of the Cherry Mx key dimensions instead of the membrane key cutout dimensions. This exposes one of the plastic tab clamp used on the key housing. However, the key housing of the "Delete" key is very well intact and firm in its position.

12-29-11_2105.jpg.8c2c8c445caf0425980dc1dcce47ef16.jpg

12-29-11_2106.jpg.17c84d235b446f08d7ca5f469521bfe4.jpg

I received the keyboard earlier today and gave it a test run. The keyboard is very comfortable to use. I'm a big fan of the brightness from the back-light as well as the media keys.

However I would have wished the wrist-rest had extendable arms to position the wrist-rest further from the keyboard. However the wrist-rest works very well detached from the keyboard and position further away. When the wrist-rest is attached to the keyboard my wrist actually touch the table and not on the wrist-rest, a minor issue but as previously stated was easily fixed. I do enjoy the material used to cover the wrist-rest.

The macro program was fairly easy to use. However I noticed some of the "Advanced Commands" were either not implemented yet or were not working. I also could not get key combinations to work, for example "Ctrl+H" and others. I used many variations with delays and how I entered the keys, but had no luck.

I did notice one flaw on the aluminum cutout. My "Delete" key's cutout has the cutout dimensions of the Cherry Mx key dimensions instead of the membrane key cutout dimensions. This exposes one of the plastic tab clamp used on the key housing. However, the key housing of the "Delete" key is very well intact and firm in its position.

Thanks for the tip, I have moved my wrist rest a little bit further away from the keyboard and it helped a lot:)

Archived