Corsair Community

Been waiting 22 days for a respone

Dark Light

My AX860, that was already a replacement, is faulty and took out my old system two and a half years ago. After support said it was a “high-end product” and that it was the motherboard that was at fault, I started using it again but it took out a second system. During Black Friday last year I purchased new components after contacting Corsair support and finding out that the damage claim would leave me without a system for at least 6 weeks, and I didn't want to be without a system. I contacted Corsair support so that I could get an RMA, I was told I could not get the replacement sent our first with a deposit and that both the RMA and damage claim must be sent in together, but that the replacement unit would be sent our as soon as they received the damaged unit. After backing up all my data I disassembled my system, almost 5 weeks ago, photographed everything and found invoices. I then completed the damage form and attached it to the ticket and left a note, as they requested, and asked for clarification on what the replacement unit would be.

That was 22 days ago, after being very patient and waiting over a week I added a comment asking if they had an update on the damage claim or the replacement unit. The following week, 2 weeks and 1 day after my original response, they replied saying they could not offer an upgrade and that options would be given to me when I had completed the claim. I then replied saying that I had already completed the form.

I completed the damage claim form 22 days ago and my new components have been lying here doing nothing for months. I purchased a new components so that I wouldn't be without a system, but waiting for responses is going to end up being longer than the 6 weeks I didn't want to wait. And furthermore it has been said that "yearly deprecation" would be taken into account in regards to the damage claim, but the value of my components are deprecating while a wait for responses, if I were to get the memory today it would probably cost around £40 less and then there are the other components. And not to mention the cost to get a monting kit for my cooler.

To summarise;

I have been in contact with Corsair for months, asking a number of questions but most questions are never even acknowledged. I have submitted a damage claim but have been waiting 22 days for a response.

Ticket number #761819

• Corsair Employee

Hello Dark Light,

I'm sorry that this has taken a while to get handled. I've went and reached out to the person who is in charge of the Damage claims. Once I get an update on it I will be able to inform you. Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you with.

Best,

Wootaru

I still haven't received a response, do you have an update? Also would it be possible to get the replacement unit sent out in advance if the damage claim is slowing things down, as it has now been 28 days since I submitted the RMA and damage claim. Another thing I would like to mention is that due to the delays newer products have been released, for example I purchased a GTX 1060 and while I have been waiting for replies the GTX 1660 has been released. Another thing that I would like to mention is that warranties for the components are around 25% through due to the delays.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Dark Light,

I'm sorry about that, I don't work on damage claim orders so I can't give you an answer for that unfortunately. I did reach out to the person who does the damage claims about your ticket last week. I'll poke them again to see what is going on. Again I am sorry for this.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello Dark Light,

I'm sorry about that, I don't work on damage claim orders so I can't give you an answer for that unfortunately. I did reach out to the person who does the damage claims about your ticket last week. I'll poke them again to see what is going on. Again I am sorry for this.

Best,

Wootaru

Thanks for the reply, due to the delays would it be possible to get an advance RMA on the replacement PSU, as I just want to get my system up and running again. I don't really mind if the damage claim takes a little longer, its just the replacement unit taking longer that is the main issue with the delays.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Dark Light,

With Damage claims from what I've seen, has to be completed before processing any ARMA or anything because we can either do a damage claim or process an RMA not both. I've gotten word from them and they ask if you can please write questions you have in the damage claim e-mail. That way they can help answer any questions you have there.

We have to treat this as though it is an insurance claim and that you would need to go through that channel.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello,

Thank you for the help, I have received the label and have sent the items. I have replied to the ticket asking for clarification on the replacement unit, will this be seen to before the replacement unit is sent out. As I am just worried that the replacement unit will be sent out without the reply being viewed and for the wrong product to be sent out. As I have requested the Seasonic AX 1000 over the non-Seasonic AXi 860 for the Seasonic 860.

Thanks,

• Corsair Employee

Hello Dark Light,

Unfortunately I don't know what has been said on the discussion regarding the damage claim, but if you mentioned that on the damage claim email, then I'm pretty sure they would of worked something out with you on it. That is my best guess in regards to this, I'm sorry.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello Dark Light,

Unfortunately I don't know what has been said on the discussion regarding the damage claim, but if you mentioned that on the damage claim email, then I'm pretty sure they would of worked something out with you on it. That is my best guess in regards to this, I'm sorry.

Best,

Wootaru

I have mentioned it in the ticket and referenced the ticket in the damage claim.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Dark Light,

I see it on the ticket, but as far as the damage claim itself. Since I don't have any say on the situation, what ever was agreed upon in the damage claim, is what will be happening.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello,

I was told that the damage claim department would take over the case and that I needed to contact them. I sent them an email last Friday, as nothing has yet been agreed and was asking for clarification, but I have yet to receive a response. I sent the package last Wednesday and it was signed for on Monday, but I have not received an acknowledgment on its arrival or had progress on the RMA portion of the claim.

It took 28 days after I submitted the damage claim form before they responded, I don't really want to wait 28 days again. I have now been waiting so long that the components that I purchased are now, in some cases, substantially cheaper compared to when I purchased them and in others they have or will soon be replaced with newer products.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Dark Light,

I understand that it can take a while and items can depreciate over time, but if you can write your concerns on to the email thread you have on the damage claim you would haver the answers you need. Since I do not work on the damage claims I cannot let you know any resolutions to the issue at hand.

I do know it does take a while for responses to happen, but they do a thorough check on all the items and it looks like that itself takes a bit of time.

Best,

Michael

Hello,

I was told by support that "We can arrange for the replacement PSU to be sent to you once we receive the defective PSU.". I have still not recieved any emails or responses from Corsair. It has now been 9 days since the items arrived, 12 since I asked for clarification on the replacement unit and 44 days since submitted the damage claim and RMA.

Archived