Corsair Community

Need to replace the fan on H100i V2 - is it a quiet or performance?

AndyD

The "High Performance" version is the closest match. They are not technically the same, but it is the same blade geometry. The retail versions have heavier corners and a more solid feel. The Quiet version has a much lower RPM limit, in the 1300-1400 range. Make sure you select the High Performance PWM edition. They are otherwise identical to the DC motor counterpart and some retailers forget to make this clear in the listing.

If you need to replace the fans for whatever reason, I would look at the ML120 PRO unless you really love the ring style on the SP120 PE. Same general RPM range, but will run lower. Much better noise spectrum, especially if inverted. Likely better performance in the medium speed range most people use their fans. It is a positive and easy upgrade. There are also single color LED versions and a stripped down two pack in grey. The RGB version is the same blade, but with a much lower max speed. It also takes you down into the rabbit hole world of RGB.

I think the overwhelming majority of people would prefer the ML series for inverted radiator use. It is a pretty substantial difference in sound and usually better cooling. There still is a strong fondness for the Corsair "ring" design and some people prefer the SP just for that. Regardless of what you decide, make sure any fan you intend to run from the pump controller is PWM.

Archived