Corsair Community

Adding 512 to TWINX

gazzaoftheprari

I have Twinx512 3200c2pt on my DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity. I just got a single stick of XMS 512c2pt. From scanning these forums quick, I noticed something about diffrent revisions with this series. If the 512c2pt is a diffrent revision, will I encounter problems? Voltages, timings? Would I just be better off getting TWINX1024 when I can afford it? Id like to make due with what I have but if its a big preformance hit, Id do for the 1 gig kit. How does dual channel work in this situation? I realise it will still work on this NF2 board, but will it be as effective? Sorry for all the noobish questions. Im running-

DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ TBred B

TWINX512 3200C2PT (hoping to add XMS512 3200C2PT with no problems)

AIW 9700pro

80 gig Maxtor Diamond Max 9

HP DVD/RW

Soyo Raptor 450w PSU

Please advise! Thanks!

Oh yea, with my processor only running at 266FSB, do I need to loosen the timings or tighten them to "slow down" to match my processor FSB? In the bios the CPU/memory speed ratio is at 1:1

• Corsair Employee
Yes, you will want to match the modules part# and revision of what you have now. Like CMXXX-3200C2 XMS3202V3.2. And you should set the memory frequency at 100% and I would set the voltage to 2.7 Volts and the timings manually to Cas 2-3-3-6 and if you over clock I would set the Voltage to 2.8 Volts and relax the timings.

Archived