Corsair Community

M65 Vengeance Middle Click Problem, Twice

Pear

I'm fairly infuriated with this mouse. Rather, the fact that the middle mouse button (the middle click) is a cheap tact switch, is what gets to me. I bought the mouse a few months ago and the middle click just stopped working randomly unless I press it really hard after only about a month of use. Looking online it seems alot of people have the same problem.

Now, I RMA'd the mouse already to Corsair Europe in Netherlands. I specifically told them about the middle click button (not the scroll wheel, which works fine) in the complaint. So after 2 weeks I get the replacement. Guess what? It's been a month after that and it's starting to fail again, I give it 1 more week till it won't work anymore at all unless I press it really hard. Again.

Worst of all: I'm not drowning in money and to me this mouse is already at a premium-price point so I thought it would last me at least 2 years and work impeccable. I especially like the scroll wheel's sturdy quality, but unfortunately I cannot say the same about the middle click button, which is just pathetic and looks like the replacement they gave is the same crap.

Now, I have to pay the damn fees to ship the stupid mouse to Netherlands every month? After 2 more RMAs I will have paid the entire mouse's price just in the shipping fees!! That means paying TWICE the damn value of the mouse, to get a product that won't even last me 1 year (in total after all replacements predicted here!). No words can describe my situation right now. So please don't tell me to RMA it. I already did, once. I don't want to do it again and throw money UNLESS I specifically know Corsair will give me a proper microswitch for the middle click instead of a stupid tact switch, period!

Christ, I pay more on shipping fees than some super-cheap gaming mice with crap quality, but even those last more than 1 month!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you can understand my total frustration with it. RMA is not the answer because it already failed me. I just want a damn mouse with two thumb buttons, a sturdy scroll wheel, and proper middle click that won't break after 1 month, is that too much to ask?

Sincerely, frustrated customer.

Hello thanks for the reply. I've mentioned the post in a comment to my ticket.

The problem is that it is quite inconvenient to ship the mouse every month because it seems to be the norm that the middle click button breaks after 1-2 months, and I don't even use it *that* often (compared to left/right clicks).

My question is, is there some way to reinforce the middle click button or somehow make it more durable? Perhaps a later revision of the mouse or a newer model that uses a better button instead of tact switch? I'd gladly pay the difference in price if I can get a mouse that won't break every month. (my main interest in this mouse was the metal scroll wheel which makes it very durable and works fine, but sadly pressing it does not -- durability for me is important)

• Corsair Employee

Provide me with your ticket number and I will see what I can do for you, in terms of getting a newer M65 Pro RGB.

I remember there is a thread about how the middle click would stop working because of it being dirty. Let me see if i can find that thread again to see if it will fix your issue.

Hi, ticket number is 6773799.

The RGB does not have the same tact switch with the middle click problem?

Yes, you are right it may be dirt/dust but it seems unlikely after 1 month everytime, however even if that is the case indeed, I didn't want to open the mouse because I feared it would void the warranty. If you tell me that's ok I will follow the instructions to clean it cause I don't want to risk something.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, ticket number is 6773799.

The RGB does not have the same tact switch with the middle click problem?

Yes, you are right it may be dirt/dust but it seems unlikely after 1 month everytime, however even if that is the case indeed, I didn't want to open the mouse because I feared it would void the warranty. If you tell me that's ok I will follow the instructions to clean it cause I don't want to risk something.

Opening the mouse will void the warranty, so good judgment on your end for not doing so. I have also forwarded your ticket number to our support team to take care of you.

• 9 months later...

Someone suggested a while back that you turn the mouse upside down and then click it a few times to let the dirt come out of the middle click.

I did that a while back with my m65 and it fixed the problem for about 3 months. Sitting with the problem again now and clicking it doesnt work but give it a try if you havent already come right

Archived