Corsair Community

'Proper' memory for my board?

MemOreMaKer

OK, the Corsair Memory Finder lists: CML8GX3M2A1333C9 for my motherboard (see system specs above) but I bought: CMX8GX3M2A1333C9. Both DIMM's have the exact same specs, at least the ones Corsair lists, so I was wondering why the finder didn't mention the one I purchased, I mean, it should work, right? What exactly is the difference between the L and X designation?

I've been an exclusive Corsair Memory user since the 90's, this, the first question I needed to ask. ;)

TIA

I just found out that the third character in the part number designation, in my case either an X or L, is simply the heat spreader design, which shouldn't be of much consequence. All the other alpha/numeric designations match, so I assume the X version should work just fine with my motherboard, the L version not really being required, right?

FYI, the specs above are actually for the computer I'm building, not the one I'm currently using. In other words I'm asking this before I put the system together, so as to replace the memory if need be. Your rapid response is definitely much appreciated.

TIA!

Archived