Corsair Community

P5G41T-M LX3 Plus + CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Chief Joseph

I just installed these with an Intel Q9550 in my child pc yesterday. Worked great for a few hours then random shutdown and when power button pressed would power on lights and fans for a second and shut back down. I pulled one stick of ram leaving one in socket one and it booted up just fine. I then went into bios and changed the memory settings from spd auto to manually setting them at 1333, 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v. Put the second back in and it's been working for the last 1/2 hour. If it goes back into no post again, more likely bad ram, bad psu or bad mb?

Well, even with the good stick in, and setting the volts to 1.5, it won't hold the overvolt, that's the only item overclocked in the bios. This time when it died, one of my fans died too, and one directly plugged into the psu. So, my psu is dying too. Also a Corsair, have to start another rma.

Well, even with the good stick in, and setting the volts to 1.5, it won't hold the overvolt, that's the only item overclocked in the bios. This time when it died, one of my fans died too, and one directly plugged into the psu. So, my psu is dying too. Also a Corsair, have to start another rma.

I would replace the PSU first. It may be why the RAM isn't working correctly.

Ok, put in my psu from my main system and re ran the memtest, the same results. Am RMAing both the psu and memory. With the one stick and the new psu, system has been stable all day. So, awaiting the psu rma and will send in both the ram and psu. As soon as back, will finally have the pc functioning. Although, with my main system psu, a Coolmax CTG-850 that has been rock solid in my main pc for years, the Asus probe 2 +12 monitor is showing 12.41, dropping to 12.35 under load. In my main pc, probe has it at 12.01. I think this bios on this board is reading the +12v high.

After my last post, was trying to do another post and the pc shut down on me, AGAIN. So this morning I pulled the MB, took it to seller and traded for another. Bought some ram from a guy on Craigslist until I get mine back. Put it all in and so far running beautifully. Now just have to wait to get my psu and ram back. And the +12v is showing 12.25 with the new board.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my ram back today. Put it in and ran memtest. All good. Got the GS600 back 2 days ago and bought a Cooler Master 922 Blue edition that came in yesterday. The Kingston Blue Hyperx that I bought to use for the duration looks really good in my new case with the blue led's. They really reflect the light. So, I've tested the XMS3, they are perfect and I'll keep them as my back up or use them with the Kingston if move it to a 4 stick board.

Archived