Corsair Community

Corsair link suddenly blank

RichKnecht

So, I turned on my computer tonight and Corsair link opened as usual, but it was blank. Tried uninstall/reinstall, but same thing. Tried older versions, same thing. Unplugged USB cable from motherboard and changed locations, same thing. I am using just a H100i V2 with W10 Pro 64 bit. I'm puzzled.

I'm having a similar problem, my H100i v2, corsair link works fine and then suddenly my fans go to 100% on my cooler and i look into corsair link and my pump and fan are suddenly stuck and i can't change profiles, I have to either restart my computer or restart corsair link twice for it to register again.

I wish corsair would recognise this and give us some information atleast.

Corsair Link will be blank if the Link Service isn't running or if the service is getting started but not fully initialized. Once the service initializes, values will show up. When first starting Link, something this takes a few seconds as well.

When you restart Link, you should wait a few seconds for the service to shut down cleanly. Link does seem to get a little confused if the UI starts while the service is in the process of shutting down. Beebz ... that could be why you need to "restart Link twice".

RichKnecht ... can you also look and see if there is anything in your event log related to the service crashing? You'll see errors in the Application Log. If there is one with a source of '.NET Runtime' from "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" that will have a stack trace that may be helpful for the Corsair folks to understand what's going on.

Corsair Link will be blank if the Link Service isn't running or if the service is getting started but not fully initialized. Once the service initializes, values will show up. When first starting Link, something this takes a few seconds as well.

When you restart Link, you should wait a few seconds for the service to shut down cleanly. Link does seem to get a little confused if the UI starts while the service is in the process of shutting down. Beebz ... that could be why you need to "restart Link twice".

RichKnecht ... can you also look and see if there is anything in your event log related to the service crashing? You'll see errors in the Application Log. If there is one with a source of '.NET Runtime' from "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" that will have a stack trace that may be helpful for the Corsair folks to understand what's going on.

Thanks for your reply but what about my fans going up to 100% and corsair link suddenly stops working for setting profiles and readouts?

Thanks for your reply but what about my fans going up to 100% and corsair link suddenly stops working for setting profiles and readouts?

All of that is handled in the service, actually.

Question: when it was working, what did you have the fan temperatures based on? If it's CPU temp, then it requires the software for control. Basing it on the cooler temperature is not only more appropriate but will also give you hardware control.

Its based on cooler temperature.

Hmmm ... that is odd.

If it were based on CPU temp, I would expect the behavior you mention.

Have you looked in Event Viewer for any Link-related events?

Also ... when you have it working (and this goes for both of y'all), try turning on debug logging (Options ... Settings ... Enable Debug Logging). Should have mentioned that ... if there is an error and Link handles it, it won't show in the Event Log, but it will show in the Debug Log.

RichKnecht ... can you also look and see if there is anything in your event log related to the service crashing? You'll see errors in the Application Log. If there is one with a source of '.NET Runtime' from "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" that will have a stack trace that may bCorsair Link will be blank if the Link Service isn't running or if the service is getting started but not fully initialized. Once the service initializes, values wile helpful for the Corsair folks to understand what's going on.

If I look in the log, all I see is this over and over again:

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:54.2769 | 11 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:54.2769 | 11 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:54.2769 | 11 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:54.2769 | 11 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:55.2795 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:55.2795 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:55.2795 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:55.2795 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:56.2822 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:56.2822 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:56.2822 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:56.2822 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:57.2849 | 16 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:57.2849 | 16 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:57.2849 | 16 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:57.2849 | 16 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:58.2875 | 14 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:58.2875 | 14 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:58.2875 | 14 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:58.2875 | 14 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

I looked into the log and found this at the exact time my fans went into hyperdrive and the profiles/readouts stopped working.

2017-12-11 13:08:57.2954 | 7 | Beebz | 4.9.3.25 | DevicesMonitor | ->

CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.DeviceException: Device crashes. Device: CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerV2Device Error: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceOpenException' was thrown. ---> SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceOpenException: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceOpenException' was thrown.

at SIUSBXpWrapper.SI_Device.EnsureOpened()

at SIUSBXpWrapper.SI_Device.Write(Byte[] data)

at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerBaseDevice.Write(Byte[] data)

at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerV2Device.ReadValues()

at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerBaseDevice.InternalUpdate()

at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerV2Device.InternalUpdate()

at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekCoolerComponent.AcceptAsetekDevice(AsetekCoolerBaseDevice asetekDevice, ISensorVisitor visitor)

at CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.DeviceAcceptHelper.<Accept>d__0`1.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

If I look in the log, all I see is this over and over again:

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Connecting

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | OnConnectionStateChanged, stateChange = Disconnected

2017-12-11 07:52:52.2716 | 12 | TRACE: DataService | Connect-

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | Connect+

2017-12-11 07:52:53.2742 | 15 | TRACE: DataService | -

That's in the client log, right? Do you have anything in the service log? What about event viewer?

At this point, I don't think that there's much more that we can do here on the forum. I'm trying to get y'all to queue up info to help Corsair Dustin and the dev/support teams.

That's in the client log, right? Do you have anything in the service log? What about event viewer?

At this point, I don't think that there's much more that we can do here on the forum. I'm trying to get y'all to queue up info to help Corsair Dustin and the dev/support teams.

Yes, client log. No service log at all.

any suggestion for my problem?

any suggestion for my problem?

I looked into the event viewer and found these errors, if it helps.

.NET Runtime

Application: CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Net.HttpListenerException

at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()

at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(System.Net.HttpListener, System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>, System.Func`2<System.String,System.Func`6<System.Diagnostics.TraceEventType,Int32,System.Object,System.Exception,System.Func`3<System.Object,System.Exception,System.String>,Boolean>>)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(System.Func`2<System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>,System.Threading.Tasks.Task>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(Owin.IAppBuilder)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.StartServer(Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.StartContext)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.StartContext)

at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.WebApp.StartImplementation(System.IServiceProvider, Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.StartOptions, System.Action`1<Owin.IAppBuilder>)

at CorsairLink4.Service.WindowsService.OnStart(System.String[])

at CorsairLink4.Service.WindowsService.Start(System.String[])

at CorsairLink4.Service.Program.Main(System.String[])

Application Error

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.Service.exe, version: 4.9.3.25, time stamp: 0x5a183805

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x2cd1ce3d

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x001008b2

Faulting process id: 0x8d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d372810345fa5a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 9c8e4faa-ee54-4923-9a1c-e053333115b4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I looked into the event viewer and found these errors, if it helps.

Yeah, I think that's going to be very helpful. What's happening here is that the service is trying to open a socket to accept connections from the client (UI) application and that's failing. The question would be why that's happening ... if something else is on that port, it would cause this. When I get home later, I can try to see if I can come up with something else.

Have you rebooted anytime recently? Or go into services and try restarting the Corsair Link service?

Yeah, I think that's going to be very helpful. What's happening here is that the service is trying to open a socket to accept connections from the client (UI) application and that's failing. The question would be why that's happening ... if something else is on that port, it would cause this. When I get home later, I can try to see if I can come up with something else.

Have you rebooted anytime recently? Or go into services and try restarting the Corsair Link service?

The process works for a while but for some reason from what i can gather is sometimes it stops and i can't understand why, like i said its random, normally a process restart is required to fix it i just want to find out how to fix it so it doesn't keep happening.

After many hours i have noticed that theres 2 usb drivers for the h100i v2 on the same port, i uninstall the one its not using and it keeps reapearing and switching so it stops everything working randomly, i've tried disabling it and uninstalling or just disabling it, i've tried everything it keeps coming back, when i reset corsair link it switches back to the right driver it was working on for a while... then switches back.

I find it hard to explain this but i'll get a picture on here showing the 2 drivers.

zdbe7U0.png

here is a picture showing the 2 devices under 1 usb header.

The picture doesn't have column headers; they would be helpful. What tool did you get this from?

When you uninstall the driver, did uninstall Link first AND have it delete all files? The process I would use for this would be to first uninstall Link, then delete the driver from Device Manager, deleting all files. Reboot and verify, in Device Manager, that Windows sees the cooler as an "Unknown Device". (If not, delete the driver and all files and repeat until it does.) Then, install Link, which will install the driver as well.

And the second entry is showing as not connected ... kinda like that Seagate USB Device you have. Just because it's registered on the system doesn't mean that it'll be used. If you ever plugged the cooler into a different USB port, I would actually expect to see this.

Finally, have you tried plugging the cooler into a different USB port? If you have a standard mini-USB cable, you can plug it into any USB 2.0 or higher port. If you do this and it works, we've determined that the problem is either the cable or the port that the cooler is plugged in to.

OK ... found the tool (USBDView) That's pretty cool! Very, very interesting.

So ... yeah ... one of those is showing as disconnected. What is odd is that the disconnected on WAS connected briefly before the connected one was. And the created timestamp is after the Last Plug/Unplug timestamp.

Try the process that I described earlier to completely remove the driver and reinstall Link.

Archived