I am getting a bit confused with the corsair link system

What I want to achieve is:

- 1x rm750i

- 1x h100i v2

- 3x LL120 fan + node pro kit

- 3x additionnal LL120 fans

- some led strip

in a carbide 400c

3 fans at the front of the case (replace existing)

2 fans on the cpu cooler (replace existing)

1 fan at back of case (replace existing)

led strips all around

all connected to the corsair link to do a fancy light symphony

from what I understand I will need 3x usb 2.0 header and on the mobo I have only 2 (1x psu, 1x cooler, 1 node/fans/led strips)

Do I need a commander then? How does that work?

It also seems that I will need a lot of sata port to supply all that. How many?

Also if someone could tell me how to wire the whole lot, it seems a bit complicated...

thanks a lot for your help

Welcome aboard the crazy bus, jerem451!

For the H100iv2, you won't need a SATA power controller; it'll get power from a fan header. Just make sure to set the fan header at 100% power. How that's done varies WIDELY by motherboard manufacturer.

For USB, you can use the Commander Pro (you wouldn't need the Lighting Node Pro at all then) or you can use an internal USB hub (https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512700792&sr=8-2&keywords=nzxt+internal+usb+hub). I use this, personally, and it works well. The down side is that it has a molex adapter for power and the magnet isn't very strong (so it's not really as secure as I'd like it).

Here are TWO diagrams for you ... one with the Commander Pro and 1 without. In either scenario, you'll need two SATA connectors - 1 for the LNP or CPro and 1 for the Fan RGB Controller. The CPro will also provide control for your fans as well as 4 temp sensors. I've also seen some reports of issues with the power supplies and Link; I don't have one (personally) so I can't speak to it any more than that ... it's just what I've seen on the board. It may be that the PSU is better plugged into the mobo USB. Since you have two, that would also work.

Drawing172905.png?psid=1

If I understood correctly I can do away with the 3 fan pack and get 6 individuals fan + commander

however it seems that the rgb fan hub comes in the node pro pack and is not in the commander...

it feels weird to buy the node pro and 3 fans and not use it ..

any idea where I can find the rgb fan hub only ?

also if I use a usb hub from amazon as mentionned where do the fans gets their power ? as far as I know the lighting node pro only deals with the led side of the fan.

those diagrams are life saver many thanks for it

If I understood correctly I can do away with the 3 fan pack and get 6 individuals fan + commander

however it seems that the rgb fan hub comes in the node pro pack and is not in the commander...

it feels weird to buy the node pro and 3 fans and not use it ..

The RGB Fan Hub only comes in the multi-packs and yes, you need that.

And you can always get more LED strips ... or more fans ...

any idea where I can find the rgb fan hub only ?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub

I do know that they charge sales tax (when ordering from Texas, at least) and shipping. So ... the multipack, with the extra LNP, may be worthwhile to you.

also if I use a usb hub from amazon as mentionned where do the fans gets their power ? as far as I know the lighting node pro only deals with the led side of the fan.

That is correct; the LNP only provides power for the LEDs. Power and fan control would be supplied by the motherboard (or a fan hub) in the first scenario (no Commander Pro). With the Commander Pro, the C-Pro would do that.

those diagrams are life saver many thanks for it

Glad to help! The diagrams were all Zotty's idea.

thanks a lot guys

I just bought

- 1x commander pro [CL-9011110-WW]

- 1x pack LL120 + node pro [CO-9050072-WW]

- 3x additional LL120 [CO-9050071-WW]

- 1x pack LED strip [CL-8930002]

let's recapitulate

****USB connection****

* PSU gets its own USB header on mobo as apparently it works better *

* cooler plugs into commander which plugs onto mobo *

****SATA****

* both commander and fan hub get power from 2x sata *

****FAN POWER****

* 2x cooler fans plug onto mobo or rad ? why not commander ? *

* 4x case cooler plug onto commander fan outputs *

****RGB LED****

* all 6x fans connect onto hub which then connect onto commander led output1 *

* all LED strip connect together and onto commander led output2 *

I will then be left with the lighting node pro module.. since I like using everything I buy, can it be of any use? if yes will it need another USB and SATA?

Again many thanks for your help

DevBiker,

A). Thanks for that pic...need to see if mine is set up like that and see if Link will play nicer with my setup

B). Can you elaborate more on Corsair PSU and Link issues? What have you read or seen? Only issue I have is no data shows up in HWMonitor but data is visible in HWiNFO64. I see that Link had new update today so I’ll get to it Monday after work this weekend.

Thanks

@ jerem451

generally you would run the two fans on the rad from the pump.. no reason not to really.. unless you have the headers free on the commander.. then why not?.. your call on that bud,

i am push/pull on my h100i v2 and had my commander not been full for fans already i would have ran all rad fans from the commander to make curve matching that bit easier... you do have that option by the looks of it :)...., make sure you link rad fans to liquid temp (should be set as that as defualt.. doing it to cpu will prob end up with fans ramping up and down a little to often for your liking...

@klatoo

re psu and usb.. i have my RM850i plugged into my commander with no issues at all (my wifes is the same).. there have been those that have had issues though... DevB will know more on that one i think.

DevBiker,

B). Can you elaborate more on Corsair PSU and Link issues? What have you read or seen? Only issue I have is no data shows up in HWMonitor but data is visible in HWiNFO64. I see that Link had new update today so I’ll get to it Monday after work this weekend.

Thanks

I've seen some on the PSU section of this forum ... you can head over there. That said, I don't know how widespread or common they are. After I wrote that, I thought about it and ... well ... I kinda fell into trap that I'm sure many get when they look through the forums ... it seems like a lot of issues because that's all people seem to post about is problems. I suspect that it's like everything else ... yeah, there are issues but it's a relatively small minority.

That said, it hasn't stopped me from looking at replacing my Thermaltake with a Corsair Link-integrated PSU.

thanks a lot guys

I just bought

- 1x commander pro [CL-9011110-WW]

- 1x pack LL120 + node pro [CO-9050072-WW]

- 3x additional LL120 [CO-9050071-WW]

- 1x pack LED strip [CL-8930002]

let's recapitulate

****USB connection****

* PSU gets its own USB header on mobo as apparently it works better *

* cooler plugs into commander which plugs onto mobo *

If you've got the USB headers, absolutely.

****SATA****

* both commander and fan hub get power from 2x sata *

Yup. And, for the Commander, at least, make sure it's not on an adapter. We recently learned that the Commander uses the 3.3V rail that's on a full SATA power connection but not available with an adapter. Not sure about the fan hub but I'd put that on a full SATA connection as well, just to be sure. Things like hard drives and optical drives won't use that 3.3v rail; that's why those connectors work for folks.

****FAN POWER****

* 2x cooler fans plug onto mobo or rad ? why not commander ? *

* 4x case cooler plug onto commander fan outputs *

Yes, I would have the cooler fans plugged into the radiator. That allows the radiator to control it internally through its firmware. You can write your custom curve to the firmware as well. This enabled your cooler to run without Link. Furthermore, if the temperatures that you tie your case fans to are native to the Commander Pro (from its own temperature sensors), it will run that fan curve without Link running as well.

For me, this is important because I will do heavy load testing without Link (or many other apps) running.

****RGB LED****

* all 6x fans connect onto hub which then connect onto commander led output1 *

* all LED strip connect together and onto commander led output2 *

I will then be left with the lighting node pro module.. since I like using everything I buy, can it be of any use? if yes will it need another USB and SATA?

Again many thanks for your help

And that's also all correct. You can, if you want, get more LED strips, more fans, or both. :D: See if you can out-RGB Zotty. ;):

I've seen some on the PSU section of this forum ... you can head over there. That said, I don't know how widespread or common they are. After I wrote that, I thought about it and ... well ... I kinda fell into trap that I'm sure many get when they look through the forums ... it seems like a lot of issues because that's all people seem to post about is problems. I suspect that it's like everything else ... yeah, there are issues but it's a relatively small minority.

That said, it hasn't stopped me from looking at replacing my Thermaltake with a Corsair Link-integrated PSU.

Well I plowed through there and didn’t see anything specific. Like I said HWMonitor shows no data but HWiNFO64 shows everything. Now that I’m thinking of it I wonder if it’s because the PSU is plugged into the CLCP......

I would advise against monitoring the Corsair Link devices with HWMonitor or HWInfo while Link is running. There are known conflicts. Note that this only applies to the Corsair Link devices!! In HWInfo, you can disable monitoring for them and run them side-by-side.

I would advise against monitoring the Corsair Link devices with HWMonitor or HWInfo while Link is running. There are known conflicts. Note that this only applies to the Corsair Link devices!! In HWInfo, you can disable monitoring for them and run them side-by-side.

I stopped using Link after a few days. Fans disappearing and unreliable temp monitoring I couldn’t risk having something happen. Just installed a 1070 FTW2, a Cryorig H5 and attempted OC’ing my 6700k and memory for the first time. Wasn’t going to take the risk.

Used SIV after lots of fiddling. Monday I’ll shut it down, run things normal, install Link and see how things go.

Really miss the ARC profile.

How did things work out with SIV? If you are willing to invest the time to learn how to set it up, SIV can control your Link devices flawlessly. Personally, I would never go back to Link. They are working hard to improve it but why should I bother to get back on the Link bug train? SIV just sits there and works. YMMV.

aaaahhhh god just realised that the carbide 400R doesnt have see through front panel .... the 3 extras LL120 I had plan for the front wont be seen

Just seen that the crystal 460x however has a nice looking front to display fans ...

since they are pratically the same build but with different covers ... do you guys think I could mix and match the 2 to have the front glass panel of the 460x on the 400C ?

thanks

edit : is there a workaround so that I could see all 6x LL120 fans "fancy" sides

How did things work out with SIV? If you are willing to invest the time to learn how to set it up, SIV can control your Link devices flawlessly. Personally, I would never go back to Link. They are working hard to improve it but why should I bother to get back on the Link bug train? SIV just sits there and works. YMMV.

I’m willing to try Link again, unsure about full time usage. Have to see if it’s gonna run my CPU at full speed again like last time.

That and not work.

SIV works out fantastic. Few emails back and forth with the developer and I got things how I want them. Wish all the RGB profiles were there but I understand he is limited because he only has SP (or HD?) fans and not the LL ones. Other than that I’m happy.

Archived