Corsair Community

Brand New Corsair One Pro TI won't display signal to monitor

yamatj

Seeking advice on these forums in case people here can provide more useful guidance than the Corsair One tech support line.

My brand new Corsair One Pro TI isn't displaying a signal to my monitor most of the time. The device generally boots, but my monitor goes into Power Save mode. Sometimes, the device will display a splash screen and I can enter BIOS or the Windows Recovery environment. Both BIOS & Windows Recovery environment seem to work fine. If I get BIOS or Windows Recovery to show, attempting to let it boot to Windows 10 leads to blank screen.

I've tried multiple monitors, both HDMI & DisplayPort, both ports of both interfaces, and still get nothing the majority of the time.

I had a single instance just now where I saw the Windows 10 First Boot Experience. It asked me to pick a language and select a network, then said it was "Getting Critical Updates". After that, it flashed "Be right back", and seemed to reboot, but went back into the state where it will not display any signal. (I left it like that for ~40 minutes in case it would self recover). Rebooting the device resulted in the same "no signal" state.

I'm not sure if this is a SW or HW problem. At first, I feared a HW problem because I just wasn't able to get any signal ever. However, now that I've been able to see the splash screen and get into BIOS, I'm not so sure. When I'm in BIOS, I can get a steady signal, but if it tries to boot into Windows, just a blank screen.

Does anyone have any advice beyond "try resetting the CMOS"? I'm not sure what I can do to check the HW without voiding warranty. I'm pretty familiar with building computers, and I kinda just want to reseat the graphics card to see if that fixes things. Is there a guide about what I can do without voiding warranty? Is there something I should look at in particular (e.g. the PCIe interface itself? the passthrough cable?) Is there a BIOS setting I should try changing to see if that fixes anything?

Heck, if I could get someone to tell me how to consistently get BIOS to show up, that'd be awesome. I think the machine might be going to "sleep" when I press the power button so that I'm not getting the splash + option to go into BIOS. I've tried long-pressing the power button, but that doesn't seem to do a hard reboot. Is there some other way to force a hard reboot?

I'm extremely frustrated. I waited months for this to come back in stock and shelled out top dollar so that I could avoid the pain typically associated with building your own rig. This is the exact experience I thought I avoided by going the prebuilt route. I'd like to avoid lugging this back to my office and shipping it back and forth if I can. Any advice is much appreciated.

1. Try booting into Safe Mode - see Microsoft website.

Failing that, assuming you access to a.n.other working PC, prepare a USB thumb drive for a Win10 reinstall.

2. The USB reinstall is a final option so make sure you have backups etc at the ready!

No progress following the above then RMA...

Dave

I had posted this in another thread but maybe turn off secure boot in the bios. Also don't reset the CMOS after turning off secure boot as it will just revert the settings.

Settings->advanced->os management->secure boot. And turn it to disabled.

Also another thing to try might be using only the hdmi port in front of the computer since it is native.

I haven't run into any of these problems but then again I rarely turn off my computer.

I received my Corsair ONE this morning as well and I'm getting the same behavior. Mine actually appears to be worse. I can't get BIOS or any POST message to the monitor whatsoever.

I've tried multiple cables, monitors, cable types (DP, HDMI, etc) and also verified the monitor works with other computers (Mac and PC).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So there is about 3 threads now all posting the same thing, guys I'm sure the moderators will get this sorted out. As far as the issues we are having I would suggest getting a RMA ticket. Obviously something is messed up with all the new units that have shipped with the 1080ti. If yours can post then I would suggest any of the options that a few of the other users have said. Otherwise there's not much you can do when it doesn't post like mine. Third day in a row I've tried and still nothing so I'm just going to sit back and let Corsair figure this one out. It's irritating I know guys.

I'm hoping Alan or another mod is getting info from Corsair support and going to create/sticky a megathread for this. Its clearly a product line issue that needs to be addressed and apologized for. So far I see 4 issues:

- No display out (when waking computer)

- Audio Artifacts (regardless of sound driver)

- Video artifacts (regardless of video driver)

- Computer not posting when trying to boot) - TI specific?

I'm hoping Alan or another mod is getting info from Corsair support and going to create/sticky a megathread for this. Its clearly a product line issue that needs to be addressed and apologized for. So far I see 4 issues:

- No display out (when waking computer)

- Audio Artifacts (regardless of sound driver)

- Video artifacts (regardless of video driver)

- Computer not posting when trying to boot) - TI specific?

i have the pro with the regular 1080 and have all of those issues. deffinitely not 1080 ti specific

Same issues here with a 1080 Ti/16 GB model received last Friday. Mine will not display video output at all. I am bypassing RMA and arranging a return. Completely unacceptable for a $3K machine. I have no faith in this product as a long term performer. I will stick with my DIY builds even though they won't have the cool form factor of the One. So far I am waiting on a call back from a supervisor to "authorize" the return for a One purchased direct from Corsair. That in itself is annoying.

Same issues here with a 1080 Ti/16 GB model received last Friday. Mine will not display video output at all. I am bypassing RMA and arranging a return. Completely unacceptable for a $3K machine. I have no faith in this product as a long term performer. I will stick with my DIY builds even though they won't have the cool form factor of the One. So far I am waiting on a call back from a supervisor to "authorize" the return for a One purchased direct from Corsair. That in itself is annoying.

Let us know how that goes! That may be the next course of action if they cannot get this fixed...

• Corsair Employee

Hi All,

We apologize for the issues you all may be experiencing and we are investigating on the source of the problem. We want to help resolve your issue as soon as possible. Please submit a support ticket and PM me your Ticket #, Serial Number, and which model you have. This way I can get your unit assessed and process any necessary RMA ASAP.

A couple responses to some of the feedback posted above:

1) Try using Safe Mode - I would do that, but haven't been able to get the machine to display anything in a while. Will try again next time I even get a display signal sent.

2) Reinstall via USB - Same as above, still no display

3) Secure boot - I checked this, it was already disabled in my BIOS by default.

4) Trying to use HDMI port in front since it's native - I actually have never gotten HDMI to work. I've only had my few successful signals sent via DisplayPort, which is what I use for the most part.

5) Aetherios noted that they have both an issue where there is no display signal and separate issue where it doesn't post - Can you please clarify how you're telling the difference between no signal and no post? There's no audio signal for post, so how do you know that it's not posting?

6) Corsair Alan - PM-ed you my details

If you have to hold down the power button to shut off, the system posted but there is no display. If a quick press of the power button shuts the system down, it didn't post.

When my computer wakes from sleep mode: No display, have to Long hold to shut down

When turning on computer: short press to shut down.

A couple responses to some of the feedback posted above:

1) Try using Safe Mode - I would do that, but haven't been able to get the machine to display anything in a while. Will try again next time I even get a display signal sent.

2) Reinstall via USB - Same as above, still no display

3) Secure boot - I checked this, it was already disabled in my BIOS by default.

4) Trying to use HDMI port in front since it's native - I actually have never gotten HDMI to work. I've only had my few successful signals sent via DisplayPort, which is what I use for the most part.

That sucks to hear. Guess I got lucky with my comp(knock on wood). Can't think of anything else that you could try. Maybe try another outlet to plug into(might be low power outlet) or try turning off Fast boot in bios if it is on?

Sorry to hear everyone having problems. I have the One Pro 1080. I think I had a problem a while back not posting and blue screen... I'm thinking it was using the same IRQ for the sound and something else but I really can't remeamber... Maybe try changing the IRQ'S you cannot share an IRQ ...sorry if I'm wrong... but what ever I did was the fix... mine runs perfect and stable never has a problem and it's awesome at everything.. But I would love to try out the ti and m.2 drive to compare performance.

I think I'll see if reinstalling via USB drive does any good the next time I'm lucky enough to get it to boot. Is there anything special on the factory image that I'll need or can I just create a Windows 10 USB Install Media and do a fresh install?

Don't give up quite yet... Here's my experience with the problem..

Setup: New Corsair One Pro TI and New Asus PA329Q using Displayport.

Problem 1 - Initial low rez Win 10 setup screen displayed fine. When it went into hi rez is when prob started. Screen flashed between hi rez and "no displayport signal" constantly. Tried HDMI but had no signal at all. Ran HDMI cable to 10 year old monitor and it worked perfectly. Using the old monitor I upgraded all MSI and NVidia drivers. Hooked up the displayport cable to the new monitor again and it worked perfectly.

Problem 2: I had been running the refresh at 30hz so moved it up to 60hz. Looked good at first then noticed occasional screen tearing. A while later I started having some Displayport signal loss (not as often as before and black screen was very brief). I switched back to 30hz and all was fine. Switched back to 60hz and this time it was rock solid. Has been running that way ever since. I decided to push it a little bit and ran the Corsair included short video test and also PC Mark 10. Everything passed (PC Mark 10 scored 5848) and have not seen a hiccup since. Not sure if you would call the solution to problem 2 as burn-in or magic, but it's running fine now.

Hope that helps - or at least gives you something to try.

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is my experience on the new Ti version.

I used a HDMI to DisplayPort cable which got a signal thought via the front HDMI port. Luckily this allowed me to complete Windows setup. Changing the screen resolution to no higher than 1920 x 1200 allowed the back HDMI to work, but increasing it above this, say 2560 x 1440, resulted in a scrambled or no signal.

However, i just got a 4K 60HZ capable DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (it says its v1.2) and so far it is working fine at 2560 x 1440.

I'm happy to report that Corsair got me a replacement unit and it's been working perfectly out of box. I haven't been able to spend too much time with it yet, but I played Arkham City 2560x1600 with max settings and it was beautiful. Crossing my fingers that the replacement unit stays this way!

I have had the exact same experience.

When attempting to boot the machine, the front bezel led's will stay online indefinitely, but no display is provided.

Our IT department has purchased 4 of these, and two have been sent back already.

I decided when the fourth one arrived today that I would tear it down and remove both heat sinks prior to use.

I have attached an image of the GPU processor missing a large amount of compound.

After cleaning, and re-applying artic silver (in this case) I have had no further issues.

Please note that the processor was exactly the same.

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately, the people in this thread seem to have been affected by a bad batch of PCI Express ribbon cables that crept into a recent shipment of Corsair One units. These cables tested fine in the factory, and the problem only manifested after shipment.

We're aware of the issue and looking to remedy it as quickly as humanly possible. This affected an estimated 10% of Corsair One units that went out in the recent shipment, and is not representative of our normal quality.

We're endeavoring to have replacement units ready very soon to ship out to customers affected by this, and have added an additional check in our quality control process to ensure defective PCIe cables don't become a problem again.

• Corsair Employee

I would say if there's a retailer that has M.2 units on the shelf right now, those are going to be recalled if they haven't been already.

As much as I'd love to sell you a Corsair One, it does neither of us any good if you lose that lottery. Best bet is to wait a little bit. Keep an eye on our webstore.

Archived