Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB device error on Asus Prime x370 Pro MB

Cornsayer

Hi folks,

I just upgraded my PC from i7-4770k to ryzen 2700x.

My new motherboard is Asus Prime x370 Pro.

But after installing a fresh Windows 7 on my new PC, I realized that my Corsair Void (Not the Pro ver.) RGB is unable to be recognized by Windows.

When I plug in the headset, a bubble pops up from my taskbar saying "installing device driver software" immediately followed by "device driver software was not successfully installed".

And the headset just shows up as "USB Composite device" with "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" in device manager.

I've done the following:

1. Install the latest chipset & USB drivers for my MB.

2. Install the latest CUE software.

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from device manager.

4. Porting Corsair Void USB drivers from another PC (by copying the driver files from system32/drivers)

BTW: My headset works fine on my old PC and laptop, it's just not functioning on my new PC.

More information: the headset lights up and makes a beep sound during POST, but as soon as the Windows 7 loading logo pops up, the lighting goes away and the headset becomes unresponsive.

Any advice to get my Void headset working again would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply,

I've just tried installing Win7 fresh again, but this time with the latest image downloaded from Microsoft and all windows update till oct 2018.

Followed by the latest chipset driver, usb driver, and iCUE.

Unfortunately......still the same error.

I think I'm going to use a cheap supermarket 3.5mm jack headphones for now and wait for software updates.

But if you or any Corsair staff would like to get a debug log, I'm more than happy to provide one. Just post the instructions!

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the reply,

I've just tried installing Win7 fresh again, but this time with the latest image downloaded from Microsoft and all windows update till oct 2018.

Followed by the latest chipset driver, usb driver, and iCUE.

Unfortunately......still the same error.

I think I'm going to use a cheap supermarket 3.5mm jack headphones for now and wait for software updates.

But if you or any Corsair staff would like to get a debug log, I'm more than happy to provide one. Just post the instructions!

Actually, that would be great! We usually want to tie this to a support case, could you put in a ticket with our support? They'll give you instructions on how to get logs and attach them as well.

http://support.corsair.com

Archived