The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Old 10-24-2017, 01:43 PM
KLU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924341
KLU Reputation: 10

SORRY! My bad... I have mistaken my HWiNFO64 with HWMonitor, but I installed it and I can confirm that with HWMonitor (from CPUID) this issue is present - HDD is clicking every ~5 secs.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:21 PM

POST ID # = 924372
notsonic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Wait, so does this or does this not occur with the standalone HWMonitor software?
For me the clicking does still occur with HWMonitor. I wonder if it is drive specific?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924459
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We've put in with the developer of the CPUID SDK to take a look at this issue.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:58 PM
KLU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927106
KLU Reputation: 10

Hi! Is there any update on this issue? :)

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 AM

POST ID # = 927143
FightingCookie Reputation: 10

Quote:
We've put in with the developer of the CPUID SDK to take a look at this issue.

Welcome I have been watching this forum closesly for some time yet registered now bnecause I wanted to reply on that thread too..
I have same issue as for corsair link makes by both hdd doesnt want to stop spinning (spins up them even when i force to spindown) after few seconds, known issue. I have 2 hdd Wd and seagate dont recall proper names for now (can deliver in nessesary) yet what i would really love from Link would be:
Ability to change if we want to monitor disk temp and such in options menu so if the issue appears in future we wouldnt be stuck in never spinning down hdd just because we want/will be in newer version of corsair software :)
cheers!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927258
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I've put in for a future release to allow you to hide sensors which would be an alternative way to solve the problem, but the root issue is still the drive being thrashed by the CPUID SDK and that shouldn't be happening. So we still need to fix that.

It's my understanding we've reproduced it internally, so progress is being made, but we have to coordinate with CPUID's developer to resolve it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:12 PM
socialwaif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927399
socialwaif Reputation: 10

Really? I have been chasing a noise my PC had been making for the past few weeks. I was looking everywhere and at everything. While it sounded like a hardware noise, I did not discount it being related to software. However, I never thought it could be Corsair Link!

I checked each of my hard drives; tested each one. Even my OS drive. Checked my PSU. Checked out fans. Even went so far as to take out my LED lighting. Never thought to also remove or disable my software for it.

I sent like 5 tech support tickets to various people and companies. Even talked to my tech support guy.

We thought it could be my aging and out of warranty AiO liquid cooler. I was getting ready to install a new one pretty soon.

Now I'm testing how things sound without CL. Wish me luck.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:11 PM
TwstdRavn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927588
TwstdRavn Reputation: 10

Quote:
I've put in for a future release to allow you to hide sensors which would be an alternative way to solve the problem, but the root issue is still the drive being thrashed by the CPUID SDK and that shouldn't be happening. So we still need to fix that.

It's my understanding we've reproduced it internally, so progress is being made, but we have to coordinate with CPUID's developer to resolve it.
So glad to see this issue is being worked on... it's been driving me nuts. The option to toggle what sensors are monitored is an excellent addition, even if the issue with CPUID SDK is eventually figured out.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:15 PM
samisuccar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928831
samisuccar Reputation: 10
Default Same Issue

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's obvious that Link keeps the drive running while monitoring. The best solution imo would be to add the option of selecting which devices we would like Link to monitor.

I have Corsair H80i v2, Corsair Commander PRO and 4 Corsair fans. All great hardware to be honest, but Link is driving me nuts.

So basically I can save a profile for the H80i, and then I can quit and disable link. The profile will be saved in the hardware, and that saves the disk from spinning all the time. But the problem is that for the Commander (and the fans connected), no such option is available, so I have to keep Link running.

Please push the fix higher on the priority list!

Last edited by samisuccar; 12-02-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:27 PM
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928833
DevBiker Reputation: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by samisuccar View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue. It's obvious that Link keeps the drive running while monitoring. The best solution imo would be to add the option of selecting which devices we would like Link to monitor.

I have Corsair H80i v2, Corsair Commander PRO and 4 Corsair fans. All great hardware to be honest, but Link is driving me nuts.

So basically I can save a profile for the H80i, and then I can quit and disable link. The profile will be saved in the hardware, and that saves the disk from spinning all the time. But the problem is that for the Commander (and the fans connected), no such option is available, so I have to keep Link running.

Please push the fix higher on the priority list!
Note that it's not entirely Link's code ... it's coming from CPUID. And, as long as the control variables are from temp sensors on the C-Pro, I'm 95% sure that you can quit Link and it'll run the fans too.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:05 PM
samisuccar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928892
samisuccar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Note that it's not entirely Link's code ... it's coming from CPUID. And, as long as the control variables are from temp sensors on the C-Pro, I'm 95% sure that you can quit Link and it'll run the fans too.
That's totally true for the Hydro H80i.
As for the fans, they keep running after I quit Link, but they don't speed up/down according to the settings I set up using Link. They just run constantly at the speed they were running at when quitting Link.

No option to "Use current settings as default" for the Commander Pro.

Last edited by samisuccar; 12-03-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: