The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Old 11-22-2016, 07:39 AM
Wabem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879833
Wabem Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link HDD click

Hello! After a lot of listening closely to my computer I have figured out that Corsair link has been making my HDD "click" every 3ish seconds or so. It isn't my primary drive so it's not in use all the time but Corsair seems to be keeping it awake pinging it every few seconds. I only have the one HDD so I can't test if it's with all hard disks. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I'm running 4.3.0.154 and an H110i.

Thanks!

M S

Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879834
snapper69 Reputation: 29

I have an H110i GT with Link 4.3 installed and 9 hdd's and it doesn't make any of them click. What happens if you shut Link down?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879835
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sigh.. Try using the search facility

This is the same cause as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=858189 and as usual Corsair have failed to visibly address the issue. There are other posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864639, http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863332 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863497

Old 11-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Wabem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879888

Looks like you were dead on red-ray, thanks. Snapper, if I close Link it stops. Originally I thought it was the pump itself making the noise but I eventually pinpointed the HDD. Hopefully Corsair will fix this soon although it seems to have persisted through a few versions.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:16 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 879901

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen!

Old 11-25-2016, 08:47 AM
emsir's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880139
emsir Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabem View Post
Hello! After a lot of listening closely to my computer I have figured out that Corsair link has been making my HDD "click" every 3ish seconds or so. It isn't my primary drive so it's not in use all the time but Corsair seems to be keeping it awake pinging it every few seconds. I only have the one HDD so I can't test if it's with all hard disks. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I'm running 4.3.0.154 and an H110i.

Thanks!

M S
Don't you have anything else to do, but to sit and find strange sounds from your computer? If you just sit around 50 -75 cm from your computer you won't hear anything, trust me. I'ts not a problem at all. it doesn't affect performance or cooling.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:01 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880143

The trouble with noises is that once you have heard them, you can't unhear them and some people have less tolerance for noises than others.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Wabem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 897114

Not to trudge up this old thread but in the most recent version of Corsair Link (4.6.0.86) it looks (sounds?) like they fixed this problem!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:35 PM

POST ID # = 923524
notsonic Reputation: 10

I'm using 4.9.0.57 with my H80i and the hard drive clicking is driving me crazy. Any news with this issue?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923589
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

It was my understanding we had this fixed some time ago. Do you experience the same behavior when you run HWMonitor instead of Corsair Link?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:34 PM

POST ID # = 923593
notsonic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
It was my understanding we had this fixed some time ago. Do you experience the same behavior when you run HWMonitor instead of Corsair Link?
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. CPUID does it too.

For reference, it's a 2TB WD Black drive, specifically wd2003fzex-00z4sa0.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923704

So we use CPUID's SDK for monitoring temperatures and hardware data, so it sounds like a polling issue with the SDK itself. I'll have our team look into it.

In the meantime, your H80i should be able to run just fine without the Link software if you want to avoid thrashing your drive.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924237
Mapantz Reputation: 10

Hi there!
I'm so glad I found this thread, my head was going to explode trying to figure out what the problem was..
I have just purchased the Corsair LL120 RGB fans, obviously I needed the Link software. Last night, I was just about to head to bed, when I heard this clicking sound every three seconds or so. I had my ears to every part of my chassis trying to figure where it was coming from. I took off one side so I could get near to my 2TB Seagate barracuda HDD, and sure enough it was that. My first thought was, it's failing. It wasn't until the next day (after a reboot) that the sound had stopped. I proceeded to open Link, and that's when I figured out that it was Link causing my drive to click. I do hope something can be done, because it is extremely irritating!

Kind regards.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:15 AM
KLU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924293
KLU Reputation: 10

I have the same issue. I even sent my Toshiba X300 6TB for RMA replacement by the time I noticed that Corsair Link was causing the trouble.
The symptomps are identical... HDD is clicking every ~3-5 seconds. When I disable CL, the problem disappears. When I enable HWMonitor, everything is OK, no clicking, so please, fix this Corsair

Or just maybe allow us to disable the hardware monitor feature in upcoming version of CL for us to be able to only control our beautiful RGB RAM sticks

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 924332

Wait, so does this or does this not occur with the standalone HWMonitor software?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: