Old 11-22-2017, 12:19 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927290
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
"Honestly I have no idea why 4.9.2.27 does it in the first place."

That truly scares me...
Kind of hard not to notice some like that. I have to wonder - does Corsair test these releases at all? Some bugs in certain systems are to be expected, but how could something as basic and in your face as this not get noticed? Scary indeed.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:31 AM
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927292
DevBiker Reputation: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
Kind of hard not to notice some like that. I have to wonder - does Corsair test these releases at all? Some bugs in certain systems are to be expected, but how could something as basic and in your face as this not get noticed? Scary indeed.
Oh, that's easy. Restarting the system with link set to autostart wasn't a test case. Or wasn't run because it's been stable and likely shouldn't have been touched. Corsair is hiring testers, you know, so you can show them how it's done: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company...-opportunities. ;-)

Old 11-22-2017, 01:05 AM
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927296
DevBiker Reputation: 28

Just noticed this ... kinda weird. Looks like a Resource String was missed.
I'm guessing that's the RGB ML Fan support ...

Old 11-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927343
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

So we do have a testing team, and I can see why the software maximizing issue wasn't readily noticed. But the team is small, and we absolutely need more testers.

I'm wondering if organizing a small Corsair Link beta program wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:36 PM
bigcid10's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927349
bigcid10 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drminer View Post
I solved the problem. I turned off the program setting "Run at Windows startup". Then I created a task in Task Scheduler to start Corsair LINK and added the switch "-startup". (Adding the switch to the Windows startup entry in the registry does not work, since the program rewrites the entry when it starts up.)

I hope this helps!
Thank you
It worked like a champ !!

Old 11-22-2017, 03:21 PM

POST ID # = 927359
MacaRonny Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman82
Version: v4.9.2.27
Windows 10 Pro x64

My AX760i that is connected to my H100i (fw: 1.1.3) is not detected, same as previous versions. Last working version: v4.6.0.86

@Technobeard: Can you comfirm that you have seen in this forum that it is not working? Are you aware it is a bug? Why is it not in known bugs? Is it no longer a supported setup?

I'm seeing this sporadically, will check into it.

Not sporadically, i have the same problem...

Old 11-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Iveben Kruzen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927369
Iveben Kruzen Reputation: 10

Okay so it's been a week since this release and no fix yet for it not starting minimized. I guess we just have to wait longer for them to get around to it, it's not like we paid for a working product... oh wait we did!

At least have the previous "Corsair Link Utility" here for download until the fix is released.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:14 PM

POST ID # = 927374
joepoway Reputation: 10

I too had the issue with the app starting up but not minimized, that was bad enough but as of today the app will not auto start at all with windows. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have disabled and re-enabled windows startup functions but still no auto start?

I agree with the growing concerns over Corsair software. For years I fought the USB device error issues and finally had to plug the H80i directly into a USB plug off the motherboard with a new cable. Then it won't start minimized after last update and now it won't auto start at all for no apparent reason.

Myself and 3 friends are all about to build new PCs and we are seriously considering a different cooling option.

Please advise or better yet fix the issues.

Joe

Old 11-22-2017, 06:52 PM
MaxMax's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927387
MaxMax Reputation: 10

first problem: none of the temp. sensors built in my Corsair memory is displayed in Corsair link, i only get ram timings and RGB color change tiles, but no temp.sensor readouts of the rammodules (HWINFO64 does it read out, same OS and all)
second problem: when my CPU is under heavy stress testing load, the Corsair Commander Pro loses all its 6 fans rpm, its 4 temp.sensor readouts, and its voltage readouts, also all the RGB effects on my 6x RGB LL fans lightning effects and my 4x corsair RGB LED strips are kind of "stalled" and slowed down/stuck. when the CPU load is off again, the RGB effects return normal, but the fans rpm and all other readouts of the commander pro are still missing, i then have to restart the OS to get it up working again (simple restart of corsair link DOES NOT work)
can u fix this plz?

Old 11-23-2017, 07:04 AM

POST ID # = 927434
satinghostrider Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadlatte View Post
+1000 on both of those, a few versions back i would have to close link and restart it to get the LED function, but it has not worked for the last 2 or 3 updates at all. running a evga z270 classified k
I've figured out how to get the RAM LED function to display on Link. Shutdown your PC and switch off the main switch connecting to your PSU. This would mean you won't be able to power on your PC even if you pressed the ON button.

Wait for 15-30 seconds and switch on the power switch on your PSU. Start up your PC and it should be able to detect the LED function on the RAMS. It worked for me so do let me know if it worked out for your as well.

Oddly enough if I saved changes in my BIOS, the RAM LED function disappears again in Link and I have to repeat the procedure as above to get the function back. Those with any issues of disappearing functions in Corsair Link can try and see if my method works for you guys. Could work given it worked for me. Your mileage could vary.

This Corsair Link is a crock of ****. It's also been on the high side of CPU usage. I disabled it and got higher benchmark scores and smoother gaming with less stuttering. I just am gonna leave it disabled untill Corsair can figure out for their lives what's going on.

I'm on a Gigabyte Z170 platform.

Cheers!

Last edited by satinghostrider; 11-23-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:53 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927581
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Default Great idea, where do we sign up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I'm wondering if organizing a small Corsair Link beta program wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I think that's a great idea and I would be very happy to contribute my time.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:51 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927603
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default GREAT Idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
That is actually a REALLY good idea (IMHO). Looking back at past releases of Link, most have had bugs/issues that quickly turned up on this forum. Having a Beta test group comprised of experienced Link users working with a wide array of hardware would be a great way to encounter and resolve these issues before a "public" release. And it would test Link in a wider array of hardware environments than you can get with in house testers (unless you fill rooms with them).

Microsoft does it with their Insider program. Apple does it for IOS releases. People are generally receptive to these programs because it makes them feel like they are part of something private, exclusive, cutting edge, VIP Only, etc. And bugs are expected and forgiven in Beta programs. Instead of finding a bug and getting angry and self righteous, beta bug finders feel exclusive and proud.

You will need to figure out the logistics of this - how many, invite or sign up, maybe a private forum for feedback. This seems like a really good idea. I'm surprised it has not come up sooner. I can't think of a down side.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:39 PM
cplifj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927726
cplifj Reputation: 10

went back to previous 4.9.123. this works as should on my system. Z77 mobo.

the new 4.9.2.27 one has wrong screen size, starts maximized, has double monitoring of almost every item and so on.....

too many changes at once going on which is pretty suspicious considering coders don't know why it happens...

Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Registered Abuser
iHandsomeDevil's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928153
iHandsomeDevil Reputation: 10

I've had to roll back my version to the previous, 4.9.1.23. The latest version was giving me MORE thermal MB readings (From 7 readings on the MB to 11 in the latest version)

And in the 11th temp reading, it was saying 127c and #10 had 56c frequently jumping to high 70's.

I was getting worried there. Rolled back and now my temp on MB readings have now gone back to 7 of them, and readings are all normal range (28c-34c)

Any idea what happened?

Old 11-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Registered Abuser
iHandsomeDevil's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928155
iHandsomeDevil Reputation: 10

thank god i'm not the only one, so it's deffo a bug in the latest.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: