The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > USB Flash Drives

Old 11-07-2017, 12:03 AM

POST ID # = 925594
desert0616 Reputation: 10
Default Padlock3 does not work

Hi,

I just purchase a Padlock3 32Gb from Amazon. The user guide said that to click the key button to awaken the drive and the LED will light. However, I have tried many times; there is no reaction when I press the key button. When the drive is not inserted into a computer, all LEDs have no reaction when any button is pressed.

When I insert it into a computer, the red led light first, and then the greed led keeps light. And my computer can identify the driver, and I can use it normally as a common flash driver. At this time, I try to press any button but with no luck.

I noted that the user's guide mentioned that it is required to charge the driver for a while for its internal battery. But, I have inserted it into my computer overnight. It still works as a common driver without secure functions.

Do I misunderstand the user's guide or this device is broken?

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 926337
Corsair CJ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert0616 View Post
Hi,

I just purchase a Padlock3 32Gb from Amazon. The user guide said that to click the key button to awaken the drive and the LED will light. However, I have tried many times; there is no reaction when I press the key button. When the drive is not inserted into a computer, all LEDs have no reaction when any button is pressed.

When I insert it into a computer, the red led light first, and then the greed led keeps light. And my computer can identify the driver, and I can use it normally as a common flash driver. At this time, I try to press any button but with no luck.

I noted that the user's guide mentioned that it is required to charge the driver for a while for its internal battery. But, I have inserted it into my computer overnight. It still works as a common driver without secure functions.

Do I misunderstand the user's guide or this device is broken?

Thanks!
Hi there,

The driver for the flash drive itself shouldn't be any different. The security features are all hardware-based and require input through the buttons on the drive. From what it looks like, the drive is indicating that it's unlocked through Admin mode. Have you tried setting a PIN yet?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: