Corsair Community

Corsair 4xLL120's + 2xLL140's +2xHD120's how to?

zv3rA

Hello again,

So I finally got my fans and everything that I need for cooling. Before I start doing it I want to make sure that I got it right.

So I bought:

Corsair LL120 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO + LL120

Corsair LL140 - just two fans

Corsair HD120 with Controller + HD120

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

Here's how I see it:

d0sRrxVdTc2JSBJJqgbevA.png

My cooler is H100i v2 and the case is 570x as you see.

So I'm going to use that diagram to connect them thanks to @Zotty:

XSDWsneh.png

I'm going to connect the two HD120's to H100i v2 headers and the AIO to CPU_FAN. Where should I connect the RGB controller of these HD's, since you see from the diagram that CPro is full.

Also on the CPro USB I'll connect the AIO and my PSU (HX750i).

Since the HD120's are not connected to CPro will I be able to control the fan speed and lightning via Corsair Link?

Also where should I put the four thermal sensors in the case?

I think that's all. Thanks in advance.

First, you'll need to use the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) that come with the LL fans.

I would connect the hub to the LL fans to that rather than to the Commander Pro (CoPro).

Then the Fan Hub for the HD fans connected to the CoPro .. or the NoPro; it won't matter. And you'll have 1 free LED port available in either the NoPro or the CoPro ... so you can get more RGBz.

With the HD120's connected to the H100i V2 header, you'll be able to control them in Link via the configuration for the cooler. And ... using splitters for fans that "go together" (e.g. the "push" LL fans on the radiator) can make management simpler.

For thermal sensors ... I like to have them on the intake and exhaust for the radiator. Having them on the exhaust will also give you a CoPro based sensor for the intake fans. The other two? Well, one just over your GPU as that's going to be the warmest spot inside the case. The last can be for external/ambient or another spot inside the case; up to you.

Close .. but not quite.

A) You only need 1 additional NoPro. The CoPro's 2 LED ports provide the same functionaltiy as a NoPro.

B) Connect the second, standalone NoPro to the CoPro's USB port. Connect the Fan Hub for the LL fans to the NoPro.

C) Connect the Fan Hub for the HD fans and the strips to the CoPro. Or you can connect 1 of them to the standalone NoPro.

Other than the purple lines, yes-ish.

The Commander LED ports are pretty much like the Lighting Node Pro LED ports, or think of the Commander as "Lighting Node combined with Fan Speed Control (And extra USB ports which everybody knows are in short supply these days).

Since the LNPs take USB, you might want to skip the one that feeds the strips. Plug Strip + 1 Fan LED hub into one LNP and the other fan LED hub into the Commander. That would allow everything to feed off two USB headers from the motherboard.

- Edit - Remind me not to post right after waking up. Maths failure. I forgot about the PSU USB requirements.

- Edit 2 - Does an HX even take USB? O.o

- Edit 2 - Does an HX even take USB? O.o

HXi ... yes, it does.

Thanks for bringing that up; I missed that too.

So ... OP ... you are one USB port short. You have a couple of options.

If your motherboard has more than 1 internal USB 2.0 header, you're good. If not ...

You can get an internal USB hub

-or-

You can get 2 single-port USB extension cables and use these to plug the H100i v2 and the HXi PSU into the same USB header on the CoPro.

After I hook up everything one of the LL's works but no LED, one RGB strip not working at all and the second one is half working, half not.

My CPU temperature is 70-95 degrees and the pump is working on 6300 RPM - that's impossible. I really don't know what to do. Checked everything triple time and it's connected as you pointed on the diagram.

I don't know what's going on, any help?

r-8U6QWWSMmLUMZJ4wY53w.png

Here's what I connected it and how.

To MOBO:

1. Commander Pro - USB header

2. Corsair H100i v2 - USB header

To Commander Pro:

FANS: 1-3 - LL120 ; 4-5 - LL140 ; 6 - LL120

LED: 1 - LED strip ; 2 - Lightning Node

USB: 1 - HX750i (PSU) ; 2 - Lightning Node

To Lighning node:

1. LL's RGB Hub

2. HD's RGB Hub

The two HD120's fans are connected directly to h100i v2 headers. At the moment I connect everything and turned the computer I heard strange buzzle noise and I went directly in BIOS and I saw that the CPU temperature was 75 and going up.

You get 4 rgb strips right? So number 1 is working, number two aswell, number tree is working half and the other half is not working, number 4 is not working at all.

All the fans are spinning but on number 6 the RGB is not working.

Every cable is connected - triple checked them. Do I have enough power for all that RGB's and FAN's ?

Yes, I'm running EVGA precision XOC, but I don't thing that's the problem. I logged once to check if the pump is working properly and made that screenshot. If needed I'll turn the computer again and send you screenshot.

In BIOS the qfan is off and CPU_FAN is put to work on 100%.

Here's what I connected it and how.

To MOBO:

1. Commander Pro - USB header

2. Corsair H100i v2 - USB header

To Commander Pro:

FANS: 1-3 - LL120 ; 4-5 - LL140 ; 6 - LL120

LED: 1 - LED strip ; 2 - Lightning Node

USB: 1 - HX750i (PSU) ; 2 - Lightning Node

To Lighning node:

1. LL's RGB Hub

2. HD's RGB Hub

The two HD120's fans are connected directly to h100i v2 headers. At the moment I connect everything and turned the computer I heard strange buzzle noise and I went directly in BIOS and I saw that the CPU temperature was 75 and going up.

You get 4 rgb strips right? So number 1 is working, number two aswell, number tree is working half and the other half is not working, number 4 is not working at all.

All the fans are spinning but on number 6 the RGB is not working.

Every cable is connected - triple checked them. Do I have enough power for all that RGB's and FAN's ?

Yes, I'm running EVGA precision XOC, but I don't thing that's the problem. I logged once to check if the pump is working properly and made that screenshot. If needed I'll turn the computer again and send you screenshot.

In BIOS the qfan is off and CPU_FAN is put to work on 100%.

Disable Precision XOC. That has caused no end of problems with Link. It attempts to take over the coolers and, perhaps, other RGB functionality.

Yes, you have enough power but I'm not sure that Link is configured correctly. 2 1/2 strips working sound suspiciously like it's configured as 2 HD fans.

The Commander Pro's LED 2 port should not be connected to the Lighting Node. We've been trying to tell you that. That's not how it works. So I don't know what you have connected to that or how it's connected. You shouldn't need to have anything connected to the CoPro's second port if both Fan Hubs are connected to the NoPro.

Finally ... the cooler. You should not be seeing those temperature or that speed. However, first thing we need to do to ensure that Link is actually getting accurate readings is to completely shut down Precision XOC as it's tries to take over the cooler and will actually cause insane readings like this. We have seen this countless times and you'll also see complaints about it on the EVGA forum.

Also, when you go into the BIOS, what's the CPU Fan speed reading? Multiplying this by 2 will give you the Pump speed.

So I just reconnected all the cables. The two hubs for HD and LL fans are connected to LNPro and the RGB Strips are connected to Commander Pro. The strips are working fine, not the fans though.

Here's picture from my BIOS for the temperature and speed: https://imgur.com/a/Zxz8J

I directly deleted EVGA's Precision XOS, but I'm scared to use the computer.

I just uploaded video on YouTube so you can hear the sound that the h100i v2 doing:

[ame]https://youtu.be/lNHS9AxRxgU[/ame]

Edit:Why I think the problem is not software and EVGA's precision X is not the problem? Why I'm getting the problem in BIOS aswell ?

Why I'm getting that high temperatures on BIOS.

Never mind - I listen and deleted it before I saw your post Zotty.

Edit2: I know that you guys know way more than me and I'm doing and trying to do everything you said. That's really strange.

The fans won't light up until they are configured in Link. So don't worry about that.

OK ... your BIOS is showing that the pump speed is almost 7K RPM. That is not right. It's odd - we usually see it lower - but it's definitely not right.

At this point, since you just got the cooler, your quickest option is to return it to the retailer for a replacement. While it's unusual for one to be bad out of the box, it does happen and that's the case with you. Once you get the new cooler in, we can focus on the fan LEDs.

@DevBiker,

Thanks for the help.

I'll send request for replacement of the AIO. Probably till I don't get new cooler I can't use the computer, right?

Here's is quick screenshot on Corsair Link (I deleted Asus Aura and EVGA's Precision X).

http://i.imgur.com/Ux7VLG3m.png

I don't see the Lightning Node Pro aswell? The only fans that have RGB ON it number 1 and 2. All other (3 to 6) + plus HD fans are not working.

1) What are you using for a cooler?

2) You mentioned that you plugged the Node Pro (NoPro) into the Commander Pro's (CoPro) LED port. How did you do that?

3) Do you have a FAN HUB connected to the CoPro? Please look at the RGB FAQ in my signature for pictures of all of the devices to make sure that we're both talking about the same thing. Too many times there has been too much confusion because new users call the FAN HUB the Lighting Node Pro. They are different beasties.

4) According to what you specified, you don't have any fans plugged in to the CoPro. Yet you have them configured on the CoPro.

1) What are you using for a cooler?

Corsair H100i v2 ; I don't have another. My CPU is i7-8700k and I don't have box cooler.

2) You mentioned that you plugged the Node Pro (NoPro) into the Commander Pro's (CoPro) LED port. How did you do that?

I though I plug it, but I was mistaken, since I didn't do the cable management yet and yea..

3) Do you have a FAN HUB connected to the CoPro? Please look at the RGB FAQ in my signature for pictures of all of the devices to make sure that we're both talking about the same thing. Too many times there has been too much confusion because new users call the FAN HUB the Lighting Node Pro. They are different beasties.

To CoPro is connected two Corsair RGB Fan LED Hubs - the 1st hub is with two HD120's and the second is with 4 LL120's and 2 LL140's

4) According to what you specified, you don't have any fans plugged in to the CoPro. Yet you have them configured on the CoPro.

IF I had computer I was gonna make a diagram, but it's hard on the phone.

So here's what and how is connected.

To CoPro:

LED - RGB Strip

FAN - 4 LL120's and 2 LL140's

USB - NoPro and PSU (HX750i)

NoPro:

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub with 2 HD120's

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub with 4 LL120's and 2 LL140's

On MOBO:

CPU_FAN -> AIO 3 pin connected and there are connected the two HD120's with the default spiltters.

AIO USB header

CoPro USB header

I started the computer one more time and here's the result:

[ame]https://youtu.be/4TUSHSEgoMU[/ame]

I checked in the internet and I found a lot vids with that problem. "rattle problem" or something like that.

Also I think my software messed up, since I has Asus Software, EVGA software and Corsair Software. Before I installed the CoPro I didn't have any problem with the 3 company software but probably something messed up and I'll need to reinstall my Windows. As I said all the fans were working(spinning), but only two of eight had their RGB lights on.

I already submit request to Alternate Germany for replacement and I have to wait now. So sad that I don't have stock cooler and the earliest I can get one is Monday, so no computer for the weekend.

If you remember before my software messed up pretty bad I couldn't see the AIO in the Link software so I had to reinstall the windows. Probably something similar happen'.

OK. Well, you had your fans configured on the CoPro's LED ports. That's why they aren't lighting up.

Remember how I said that 2 1/2 strips sounds like 4 strips configured as 2 HD Fans? Yeah ... that's exactly what was happening.

Now ... when you get a cooler again (or, if you can, pick up an air cooler as backup and to get you through) ... configure the lighting on the CoPro properly (4 strips ... looks like on LED channel 2).

From there, neither device that is on the CoPro's USB hub is showing up in Link. Both the HX750i and the NoPro should be visible in Link. Are you using any adapters, perhaps a molex to sata adapter? Also, double-check the USB connections. It's remarkably easy to have the USB ports just a little off. If either USB port is not plugged in 100Z% correctly, neither one starts.

Hey again,

I got my cheap air cooler till I get replacement of the AIO.

I double checked everything, did the cable management and everything is working fine.

I though that I'll need to reinstall windows, but Corsair Link recognized all the devices - CoPro, NoPro, PSU, fans and everything else.

http://i.imgur.com/LRp3l5Om.png

So now I'm wondering should I install EVGA's precision X so I can control the fans or to try another way to control them.

I want to say BIG THANK YOU to @DevBiker and @Zotty!

Archived