Corsair Community

H110i GTX not cooling very well

aceisme

My Corsair H110i GTX cooler is just over one year old and it does not cool very well anymore for more than a month now. I used to run my 6700k at 4.6G and 1.248V with no problems and never got above 65C at full load. Now I'm running the CPU at stock speeds and it idles between 40-45C. At full CPU load it heats up very quick to 80C+ before I have to stop the test. Room temp is around 23C and using Corsair Obsidian 450D case with 3x140mm intake fans, one exhaust and radiator on top.

According to Corsair Link the pump is running at 3000RPM and the coolant temperature sits around 39C after browsing for a couple of hours.

One tube of the AIO feels quite warm to the touch while the other one is cold. Is this how it should be?

Are there any tests I could do and what are my RMA options?

The elevated and continually rising coolant temp is the telling symptom. It seems a partial blockage or flow restriction is developing. There is no genuine fix without stripping the whole thing down, something you should not do. Contact tech support to begin the RMA process. Fastest replacement will be if you do the Advance RMA with credit card hold. They ship you the new one. You then ship the old back. You must ask for this and it isn’t always available.

The elevated and continually rising coolant temp is the telling symptom. It seems a partial blockage or flow restriction is developing. There is no genuine fix without stripping the whole thing down, something you should not do. Contact tech support to begin the RMA process. Fastest replacement will be if you do the Advance RMA with credit card hold. They ship you the new one. You then ship the old back. You must ask for this and it isn’t always available.

Is this something common to these AIO coolers? I thought they are meant to last much longer than a couple of years.

Is this something common to these AIO coolers? I thought they are meant to last much longer than a couple of years.

Honestly, we don't have the numbers on them. And while I know that there seem to be a lot of those on the forum, keep in mind that folks with coolers that work and don't have any issue don't come posting on the forum about how great the experience is ... but the ones that fail do.

There's always some percentage of coolers that fail before their expected lifetime. And Corsair has a five year warranty to cover those cases of premature failure.

• 2 years later...

Greetings.

I would like to ask how this "aceisme" gentleman made it work.

I have same water cooling system and it ran perfectly for almost 4 years. Then I went to university and bought laptop.

Now I want to run my pc again because of rendering capability but the cooler doesn't work.

It was bought back in 2015 around october. I would like to know if the warranty is still viable. Thank you kindly,

have a nice day