Corsair Community

12GB Vengeance CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9

irfs

Nice to see home page updated! Will get the kit next week. I will post back once i have em in hand.

Funny e-tailers think its DDR3 2000 when its only 1600MHz

I just hope they work on Asus P6X58D-E.

Sweet got em jus now they worked 1st time no issues i didnt even try xmp just set manually in bios 1.5v and 9 9 9 24 timing.

all 12GB detected. Beware the modules are huge! I have H50 so no clearance issues.

*** EDIT runnin CAS 8 8 8 24 1T 1.52v *** Now im very plsd :)

I have my i7 920 running 21 X 200 4.2GHz DDR3 1603 Cas 9 9 9 24 1T (Cas 8 works aswell but not fully tested for stability)

6 of these 24GB might be overkill unless you really need it for memory intensive applications.

I would go with just 12GB. (4GB x 3) is apparently better than runnin 2GB x 6

It's easier on the memory controller. Im using just over 1.3v IMC voltage.

Not sure bout your heatsink tho.

I have a few questions

Do they fit in P6X58D-E with this cooler ? COOLER MASTER Hyper 212

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/35-103-065-S01?$S300W$

Do they work with i7 920 overclocked ?

The memory look kind of "fat" :) Can you fit 6 ?

Thanks.

If you need/want 24 GB. RAM it's always best to buy ONE tested, matched compatible RAM kit designed for your CPU/platform to prevent RAM issues. Do not mix two or more kits as this is not guaranteed to work and often will not work or will only work with issues - per the Corsair Memory Upgrade Guide link in my signature.

thanks irfs

trackrat : Yes, I've heard of this. And you said it's not a good idea to mix different brands. But I'm hoping that if in the future I will extend my memory using the EXACT SAME type of ram with the same ID name - example CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 , that should be much more safe and forgiving, no ?

Or a worst case would be, different brand, but the same specifications - the same voltage, the same CAS.

Unfortunately even adding the exact same RAM is not guaranteed to work without issues. The only means to be sure is to purchase ONE, tested, matched, compatible RAM kit.

Running two RAM kits will also require lowering of the frequency and/or slower latency timings if they will function at all without issues - as the Corsair latency timings are for ONE RAM kit, not for the individual modules.

Archived