Corsair Community

CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 Compability

mem84

Hello there...I'm soon building a new custom PC and I want to use CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 (Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz CL7 3x2gb) memory kit. The motherboard I will purchace is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5. I know that the memory kit is not in the compability list of Corsair's memory configurator for that motherboard and I want to ask if anyone is expirienced compability issues with the ram and the motherboard discribed above. My other option is the Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard...anyone have issues with that board and the Corsair ram should post a reply. THX very much for your support :)

Hi All

I have just bought the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard and the Corsair Ram CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 but as yet NO is does not work! I have emailed this problem to Corsair to look into the problem.

I have researched that the orginal number TR3X6G1866C7GTF has been replaced by CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 and that all the specification is the same.

When I boot my pc it shuts down with-in a few seconds but when I take the Ram out its fine.

When I get a reply from Corsair, I will post it here

Best Regards

firejeff

Hello there...have you checked the motherboard with other ram and it's working fine? what memory did you put in? I'm thinking now to move to this TR3X6G1866C9DF as it's in QVL list of the Gigabyte motherboard too...thx

Hi

I am building this PC from new and so I havn't got any more DDR3 ram to try.

I am still waiting for an answer from Corsair as to why it dosn't work!

I would send Corsair an email just to confirm that the ram you want WILL actually work with your MB just to save you from buying it and then it dosn't work like I did!

Best Regards

firejeff

Hi firejeff...I also contact Corsair with a mail telling them if the CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 will be compatible with the GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard and their answer was that I shouldn't have problems with those components...Here is

my enquiry http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/message_reply.aspx?id=1416752&m_id=1422000&sec=2cddb75cf11f4b1992b3a66ca Did you RMA the memory already? I think you should try with another power supply as well if possible just to make sure. I'm waiting your reply and result about your RMA enquiry...thx

Hi

With in minutes of my last post saying that Corsair have not yet replied, I got a reply! Thank you

They have asked me to ensure that I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard, BUT, due to the ram, I cannot get to the BIOS with out it shutting down!

So where do I go from here? They say the Ram should work, but it dosn't!

My power supply is a Thermaltake toughpower 750w, there is no problem with that at all.

Best Regards

firejeff

Hi...Have you tried to put 1 stick at a time or you power on with triple channel installed? (all 3 sticks installed) If with 1 memory module installed the system post go update the bios and run memtest on the modules but with one module at a time to see if you have a defective module! Hope that helps! Also check (if you didn't already) the motherboard's manual on where to put (which slot) one module only

Hi

I have tried putting each stick in one at a time but still it keeps shutting down before I can get to the BIOS.

I have re-checked with the manual and I can put one stick in either of two places, I have tried both.

Best regards

firejeff

Hi again...it seems that the motherboard either the rams are defective (don't know which one) The only way to found out which one is in your situation is to find from a friend if possible other rams and test onto the motherboard. I'll be waiting for your results! Good luck! :)

Hi All

I have again tested each Ram one by one in the two different slots as per the manual. I have put them in slot 1 and 3 in the beige coloured slots but not the blue ones.

I think now I cannot do anymore but take the whole system to my pc shop for them to have a look at!

I must say I am very dissappointed with it not working but I will post my results here as soon as I have found an answer.

I do not know as yet if it is the Ram or indeed some other part which is at fault.

Many Thanks to everyone who has helped or given advice and guidance.

Best Regards

firejeff

• 4 months later...

Just a final update

RAM was sent back to me was updated and working fine

I cannot fault the service from CORSAIR and I am now really pleased with the new RAM which I have

I beleive this was an issue with the GIGABYTE motherboard which has now been replaced and is working lovely with the new RAM in it

WELL DONE CORSAIR - You certainly have got my vote!

Best regards

Jeff

Archived