Corsair Community

Having issue of low writing result ssd le 200(120gb )

Changel53

( This is also what i sent to ticket support) Hello, i have just bought recently a Corsair Force LE200 120gb SSD ( has almost 10-15 count of boot ) and issue is that when i want to test my pc specs, i realized that it has very low writing numbers like 100mb/s. And I checked corsair forum and found a topic that suggest you to download Corsair SSD Toolbox to check firmware update etc. What i want to ask is that my ssd has a number of '' 1XXXXXXXXXXX1259XXXX '' , should i have to secure wipe to this serial number that not including digit code "12536" (1XXXXXXXXXX12536XXXX) with firmware version SBFM21.1 or not? I really need help about having the normal writing speeds what Corsair refers on product. Bytheway, when i want to firmware update, it says it is up to date. (SBFMB1.1 ) therefore i cant update what '' Corsair CJ '' said '' update your firmware version to SBFM21.2 ''. If you help me about that i''ll be glad. Thanks. Have a good day.

Do I really have to wipe it or not? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hello Changel53

Sorry for the late reply. Your firmware is the latest because it does not need the firmware mentioned in Corsair CJ's post. I would suggest secure wiping it through the Corsair SSD Toolbox and test the drive without any data on it and see how your speeds are. As with most storage mediums, the more it is filled up the slower it will run.

Archived