Corsair Community

iCue wrong temp reading BSOD just happened

akipfer

Hi, i have H80, thing is, i's a really weird software, very confuse....i get around....but it could be way better!

But that's not the problem now!

i was doing running prime95 to test my profiles, as i always have done with any other software...good thing i do!

i got a BSOD, next thing i know, running again...i was looking at my screen, iCue readings at 40c(wut?) and actual readings from realtemp/intel something utility was 95c

i immediatly stopped the test, that's scared me so deep dude!

now i know why BSOD just happened, good thing it didn't fry my cpu though...

Check: RPM, Fan Curve, Temp reading by iCue and real temp by RealTemp

that is shown on screen....wth?

139390338_WTF-WrongTempoiCueReadings-OnlyiniCuewrongreadings!.thumb.JPG.d7d39504900d0152cfd50e784ebe8f54.JPG

Not sure what you are trying to show us in the picture. You have developed a fan curve potentially appropriate for CPU temp, but of course your cooler works off the coolant temperature (H80i GT Temp) shown to the right of the cooler. 800 rpm on a 120mm is probably a bit light for Prime95 or other stress testing. You need to learn your normal range for the H80i GT temp and then set an appropriate curve.

Perhaps u didn't notice...The icue temperature readings are wrong, WAY wrong..check temp#1 vs RealTempo temperatures....they don't match at all....not even by a long shot

That's one thing wrong with the software...

Another thing is the way to use it....grhhhh this software sucks...that's bad, i really wanna use one software to rule'm all

btw: coolant temperature will mostly of the time be ~2ºc ~3ºc maybe, worst scenario 5ºc different as in in-out...5ºc in difference from coolant out of pump to loop back in to pump huge...that's just not happening, and should not even happening btw...

mostly cases is around 2ºc or 3ºc

This software sucks in ways that i can't believe!

What do u mean not appropriate for coolant temperature? i really don't get what u mean by that....

I mean that your fan curve isn't appropriate for a fan curve that's based on coolant temperature.

The temperature of the coolant shouldn't EVER get to 70C. In fact, it likely won't get above 40-45C. Mine never, ever, ever gets above 35C.

However, your fan curve doesn't start increasing until 40C, which is pretty warm for radiator coolant. And it maxes out at 80C ... and your liquid should never get that warm. Ever.

You have the coolant temperature confused with CPU temperature. They aren't the same. Certainly, they are related - the coolant cools the CPU by absorbing and carrying heat away to be exhausted through the radiator - but the liquid has a higher specific heat than air or metal, so more heat energy is required to increase the temperature. That's part of what makes liquid cooling ideal for both CPUs and car engines.

oh now i get it....ok..ok..well i thought the fan curve was FOR CPU TEMP...it should be i think... Holly ****, i have this for about 2 years...have i hurt my water cooling?

Boy it would be nice if the link/iCue show up the CPU temp as well...

Not to be sincere, i don't understand why we need to hook up to CPU header fan if it doest do anything acordingly to cpu...LOL

but oh well...now i have fixed my fan can u show a pict of your coolant curve/temp/speed? i would like that please...

I'm confused, i thought WC was soposed to be quit...there's no way it would be quiet if a obey what u say about coolant temp...Right?

oh now i get it....ok..ok..well i thought the fan curve was FOR CPU TEMP...it should be i think... Holly ****, i have this for about 2 years...have i hurt my water cooling?

Boy it would be nice if the link/iCue show up the CPU temp as well...

It does ... on the dashboard. Just not on this screen. I doubt you hurt anything.

Not to be sincere, i don't understand why we need to hook up to CPU header fan if it doest do anything acordingly to cpu...LOL

Well, it provides a tach signal to the header so you don't get a CPU_FAN warning on boot. Also, with some coolers, this is how they are powered.

but oh well...now i have fixed my fan can u show a pict of your coolant curve/temp/speed? i would like that please...

Here's my curve for my ML fans:

y4mf21sQEQuk6VxV1XzLln3v7cyr7HhYjS0UPcg_K4wK10YfD7ylAZnSpS9u6lrihE478GCTp3idoeUlMsHSYhyQ9UyMlG1O_K2lnt-VWyn8T0xAlsUNmQB8X_uYbaCxpS_AYJiQFuTd8X7Pvfa_MOx1eSQ5P73Prf9pHb34Y937LQapggnXOeRiRw5zdE-kX_g2pI7cVp7euSaZAbL1TAcqQ?width=1111&height=238&cropmode=none

I'm confused, i thought WC was soposed to be quit...there's no way it would be quiet if a obey what u say about coolant temp...Right?

It can be. But, like everything else, you need to manage and balance it based on your system and your priorities. Mine is quiet. My fans never get up to high speed ... but I also have a very large case and a total of 13 fans in the system. So I can push a whole lot of air without ramping them up very much.

Archived