Corsair Community

First had CPU issues, now GPU issues

Warprosper

Long story short, I ordered the corsair one pro from newegg about 2 weeks ago. I received and setup the unit and immediately noticed high CPU temps. (90+). I got that unit RMA'd and received the replacement this past week. I started installing games on Tuesday night and didn't really do anything until Wednesday when I realized that most of the games were crashing with D3D errors. About 1 hour ago, I was playing some other games and now all of a sudden all my displays go to a black screen and the fan on the gpu/case get really loud. This is the model with the 1080 and within 2 weeks this is the 2nd one with issues. I wish it were as simple as a driver issue, but this is either a connection or straight up hardware issue.

I've called support and opened a ticket for the GPU issue, but at this point I'm struggling to find a solid reason to not just return the device for a refund and go back to building my own. The tough part is I've been a corsair fan for quite some time and I don't want to separate myself from the products.

Anyone have any similar experience? What would you all do in this case?

Questions.

Did you RMA through Newegg, or through Corsair? It matters if Newegg has old/bad stock from the shipment with PCIe cable problems.

Is Corsair Link running? Do you see it in the tasktray, or have you exited/closed it? As I understand it, it's required to help manage the system fans/heat. If it's closed, the symptoms you're describing might be a result.

If Corsair Link is running, have you tried:

1) Resetting the BIOS (there's a button on the back of the Corsair One to reset the BIOS, read the instruction on how to do it first in Corsair's Knowledge Base on their website)

2) System reinstall and updating Windows and Drivers?

..no, none of this should be required Out Of The Box, but it might help to know whether it's software or hardware that's causing the problem.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

*I don't work for Corsair. I'm also a customer dealing with (different) issues. I hope this helps. Corsair really needs weekend support.

Questions.

Did you RMA through Newegg, or through Corsair? It matters if Newegg has old/bad stock from the shipment with PCIe cable problems.

Is Corsair Link running? Do you see it in the tasktray, or have you exited/closed it? As I understand it, it's required to help manage the system fans/heat. If it's closed, the symptoms you're describing might be a result.

If Corsair Link is running, have you tried:

1) Resetting the BIOS (there's a button on the back of the Corsair One to reset the BIOS, read the instruction on how to do it first in Corsair's Knowledge Base on their website)

2) System reinstall and updating Windows and Drivers?

..no, none of this should be required Out Of The Box, but it might help to know whether it's software or hardware that's causing the problem.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

*I don't work for Corsair. I'm also a customer dealing with (different) issues. I hope this helps. Corsair really needs weekend support.

I've done the RMA process through Corsair. The temps on the newer model are fine. They, under load are around 40-50. BIOS has been reset. OS has not been reloaded. I'm all about reloading the OS and whatnot, but the main reason for buying a prebuilt is limited time to build. I've always done self builds in the past, but time is becoming a problem now a days. I firmly believe this is a hardware issue of some sort. It just really bites the big one that I have to go through this process again.

Thanks,

A

I've done the RMA process through Corsair. The temps on the newer model are fine. They, under load are around 40-50. BIOS has been reset. OS has not been reloaded. I'm all about reloading the OS and whatnot, but the main reason for buying a prebuilt is limited time to build. I've always done self builds in the past, but time is becoming a problem now a days. I firmly believe this is a hardware issue of some sort. It just really bites the big one that I have to go through this process again.

Thanks,

A

40-50 under load? My CPU temps are at 40 while idle...around 70-75 under heavy load...and I thought that was acceptable...geez...

Archived