The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993273
Dajinn Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance RGB Pro not showing in iCue when XMP is enabled?

SPD Write is enabled. RAM shows in iCancer fine when the RAM does not have XMP set in BIOS. I've tried to disable XMP and just let the BLCK and "target memory speed" setting do the trick (as it picks up the timings automatically) but that doesn't help either.

Any advice?

Mobo is X99 Deluxe II.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993587

Hello? Is anyone out there? Can this crap work as advertised or am I just going to have to send it back???

Old 02-10-2019, 10:17 PM

POST ID # = 993595
Cpt.Planet Reputation: 18

What motherboard are you running it on?

Old 02-11-2019, 05:56 AM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post
What motherboard are you running it on?
Come on man it's literally the last statement in my OP

Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993653
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajinn View Post
Come on man it's literally the last statement in my OP
Well, then your system specs are out of date. Most of us look there first. Keeping them up to date helps folks help you. It's a lot to ask for someone here on their own time to navigate back and forth simply because you forgot to update your system specs. Just a thought ...

Oh, and you didn't include the motherboard manufacturer. So you're making even more work for anyone that's spending their own time helping you because that important tidbit of information is left out.

As for your issue ... check the make sure that SPD Write is enabled when XMP is turned on.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993658

Specs:

i7 5960X
ASUS X99 Deluxe II

SPD Write is enabled when XMP is enabled

BIOS: 1802 (latest version that is not marked as a beta bios on asus website)

Old 02-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993769
Corsair Kevin Reputation: 10

As DevBiker stated, check to make sure SPD is enabled when XMP is also enabled. The profile might switch some things off/on. XMP profiles are not created equally, and some may only make the most basic of changes. You can, at your own risk of course, manually enter the settings to get the rated speed, all the while keeping SPD write enabled.

Just be sure to take screenshots of your BIOS and the XMP memory settings, saving them to a USB drive, then either printing or loading them on another device, so you can refer to them while you make the adjustments. If you run into posting issues, you can always load defaults.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:10 AM
DubSteve68's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993849
DubSteve68 Reputation: 10

I've exactly the same hardware scenario (X99-DII/Vengeance RGB PRO).

Enabling SPD_WRITE with XMP disabled allows iCue to see, configure and sync the Vengeance RGB. Obviously, as you're painfully aware, it looks like XMP breaks communication with the RAM if it's configured as per Intel specs (DIMMs installed in A1/B1/C1/D1 when using x4).

Installing the RAM in A1/A2/B1/B2 works in iCue with XMP enabled although this isn't an Intel-endorsed config and I suspect memory operation will only be dual-channel mode, so it's swings-and-roundabouts and what you gain with XMP you lose on reduced bandwidth. It would be interesting to see what happens with an 8x DIMM setup.

I've not tried DIMMs in C1/C2/D1/D2, I've got more pressing things to do such as currently saving Stalburg from nuclear meltdown (unless Corsair wish to send me freebies or pay me for doing their compatibility/QA testing).

One important thing, in case there's a Corsair employee reading this, Windows 10 gives the "hardware connected" sound when the Vengeance driver is applied during iCue installation, and if XMP is enabled at this time Windows gives the "hardware disconnected" sound shortly afterwards. So aside from issues relating to the need for SPD_WRITE, this potentially looks like a Corsair driver issue as it sort-of works with XMP enabled but only if the DIMMs are in an unsupported configuration.

If this is an insurmountable hardware issue then Corsair should make it clear to potential buyers that RGB functionality will be limited on the X99 platform. I suspect it isn't though as I've also used Vengeance LED and Vengeance RGB DIMMs with XMP enabled, configured without any problem detecting or syncing using Corsair Link.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993868

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubSteve68 View Post
One important thing, in case there's a Corsair employee reading this, Windows 10 gives the "hardware connected" sound when the Vengeance driver is applied during iCue installation, and if XMP is enabled at this time Windows gives the "hardware disconnected" sound shortly afterwards. So aside from issues relating to the need for SPD_WRITE, this potentially looks like a Corsair driver issue as it sort-of works with XMP enabled but only if the DIMMs are in an unsupported configuration.
Yes I experience this EXACT same thing.

Honestly it looks like we are SOL. Very sad and disappointing. I may just have to return and get G.Skilll Trident Z or something.

Not as fancy but at least I can more likely control the damn ram. I honestly don't want to give up quad channel; it has pretty good performance gains over dual.